Cathy Daveys Lexus Tour (1 Viewer)

It's awful really isn't it. As Gordon the fast engine says about Henry's whistling “Henry whistles too much. No respectable engine whistles loudly at stations. It isn't wrong, but you just don't do it”.

As for the idea that they money will release her to pursue her musical vision - it never works like that. The muses take a dim view of people disrespecting the talents granted them, and will cut you off.

For all you people saying 'fair play' (a non-opinion that was banned on Thumped years ago) can you really say that you didn't have to swallow a little bit of sick in your mouth before coming to your Christian conclusion?

I agree with Henry Rollins though - it's not a sell-out. A Lexus is an upmarket Toyota bought by boring retired corporate middlemen - they idea that they would spend €35K on one of these because cathey davey is singing in the background at a giant glass dealership, while they sip a flute of Sutter Home is just bizarre.

It's awful really isn't it. As Gordon the fast engine says about Henry's whistling “Henry whistles too much. No respectable engine whistles loudly at stations. It isn't wrong, but you just don't do it”.

As for the idea that they money will release her to pursue her musical vision - it never works like that. The muses take a dim view of people disrespecting the talents granted them, and will cut you off.

For all you people saying 'fair play' (a non-opinion that was banned on Thumped years ago) can you really say that you didn't have to swallow a little bit of sick in your mouth before coming to your Christian conclusion?

I agree with Henry Rollins though - it's not a sell-out. A Lexus is an upmarket Toyota bought by boring retired corporate middlemen - they idea that they would spend €35K on one of these because cathey davey is singing in the background at a giant glass dealership, while they sip a flute of Sutter Home is just bizarre.

Ah now- you would cream yourself if you were approached by a certain Swedish automotive institution to 'do the do' in a trendy viral campaign:).

You're also forgetting to inform the folks that Gordon has a mishap at Maithwaite station and his whistle valve jams and he is a laughing stock among all the other engines and the fat controller has to send him to the fitters yard to be repaired and everyone laughs at gordon and his pompous ways until he is somewhat repentant and is less judgmental at least for a little while (see, you get away with nothing around here..)

To be fair though, I'm not sure the muses have been visiting that regularly round at Cathy's place recently anyway. Might do no harm ...

Ah now- you would cream yourself if you were approached by a certain Swedish automotive institution to 'do the do' in a trendy viral campaign:).

You're also forgetting to inform the folks that Gordon has a mishap at Maithwaite station and his whistle valve jams and he is a laughing stock among all the other engines and the fat controller has to send him to the fitters yard to be repaired and everyone laughs at gordon and his pompous ways until he is somewhat repentant and is less judgmental at least for a little while (see, you get away with nothing around here..)

Class response.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

DAVEY POPS HER SOVEREIGNTY

No really. Lets look at this as the music industry leaving cert essay question from the 2011 sample paper.

Choose one of the following themes. (100 words)

A: Its cool if dimebag darrell sells t-shirts but its not cool if cathy davey sells cars.

B: Write a letter to Cathy Davey telling her about your experience of studying her music. In your letter you should refer to her themes and the way she expresses them. Support the points you make by reference to the music on your course.

C: What impact did the involvment of Cathy davey with lexus make on you as a reader? In shaping your answer you might consider some of the following:

• Your overall sense of the personality or outlook of the artist
  • The artists use of language and imagery
  • Your favourite poem or poems.

I'll be marking your responses.

I heard about this yesterday and see no problem with it at all. It's not something she'd have jumped at without good reason so money must be tight. She released her album The Nameless independently this year and no longer has the backing of a label like Parlophone or whoever it was that promoted the last one. So, some people are saying it's cringeworthy and degrading, I disagree. This is no time for rich fuckers and luxury cars but if the funds are there then I'm happy to see them go to a person who'll use the cash well, to make new music. No one would give a toss if it was her music and a model presenting, so more power to her for having the heuvos to get up and present that video and take home the extra bob. I doubt she'll sell any extra cars but if she sells a few more albums, mission accomplished.

Stalinist!

A Lexus is an upmarket Toyota bought by boring retired corporate middlemen - they idea that they would spend €35K on one of these because cathey davey is singing in the background at a giant glass dealership, while they sip a flute of Sutter Home is just bizarre.

They are getting very popular with the boy racer/jap import guys.

Regan-Chesterfields-Cigarette-Brand.jpg

Lucky+Strike+cigarette+ad.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back