Cataloguing your music (1 Viewer)

Is fucking everything higgeldy piggeldy into the shelves and driving myself absolutely demented when I want something in particular a system? If it is then that's my system.

How many of the alphabetisers out there worked in a record shop at some point or other?

alphabetical for me too, i put comps under V and within that group i dont arrange them as i never bother listening to compilations anyway. i threw out all the free ones from magazines a few weeks ago.

i'd love to have them all properly catalogued on a computer but cant really be bothered doing it. having them all bar-coded would be handy for keeping track of what you've lent to people.

Autobiographically for me all the way.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

LPs / 12"s / 10"s alphabetically by genre

CDs alphabetically

45s in Trissa boxes, mostly alphabetical. One hot box for 45s I play out.

Also have two large Trissa boxes, one for "new arrivals", the other for "trade / sell".

essential. ive a shelf for new stuff, otherwise itll get absorbed into the abyss and i could potentially forget about it.
i feel a reoranganisation of tunes coming on...

I use iTunes' Recently Added smart playlist for that. I set it to 4 months or something. That playlist is automatically on my phone too. It's dead handy. Means everything gets a decent listen to.

similar function on discogs too.used to update it religously but got lazy.great to be able to flick through at work and plot a mix instead of doing some work tho

The waiting for submissions to be ok'd on Discogs is the worst. For a lot of the lower edition noise stuff where there might be only 30 copies around it'll almost certainly never be approved and be stuck as being yellow the whole time. Much prefer recordnerd as you can just fill in the blanks yourself.

that's only happened me once so I haven't been put off yet. seems to be pretty thorough as far as dance music goes.
putting everything up on recordnerd would be an excellent procrastination exercise with a college deadline looming now

I don't understand this. Is it just an online list of your music? How would that help you find something it it wasn't physically organised too?

I don't understand this. Is it just an online list of your music? How would that help you find something it it wasn't physically organised too?

ya pretty much. i find it handy as you can flick through and probably find things youve forgotten about. you can send someone a list of what ya have if they cant come to your gaff to look through it. as well if you have loadsa vinyl that comes in generic sleeves with nothing on the spine its easier to look through that and then go off and find tunes ya wanna pull out. in my head anyway. the nerdiness is a factor too i spose... knowing which edition of what you have, how much its going for etc etc. its like flicking through yr itunes really in a way

Vinyl - I have about eight groups by label, shamefully enough, as I have tons from some labels, and then other large groups by style.
I have a new section and a 'shit pile', which I have never emptied. I really need to.
But I've never attempted anything like alphabetising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back