Cat Power with some fancy footwork on the Letterman Show (1 Viewer)

I really dont like the whole new direction. The band sounds like they should be backing Micheal McDonald.

What a voice...

michaelmcdonald_250.jpg

this is probably old news but I've just seen it. Pretty cool

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

that was good.
maybe the backing was a bit cheesy but just goes to show she can do more than the stripped down thing.
but what i cant put my finger on is if this marks an end to the drugs or a new lease of druggynes...>?

g-stereotypical said:
that was good.
maybe the backing was a bit cheesy but just goes to show she can do more than the stripped down thing.
but what i cant put my finger on is if this marks an end to the drugs or a new lease of druggynes...>?

Well, most of the backing was the Late Show's resident band, so it could hardly be un-cheesy. Contrary to what most people think, drugs (at least the hard stuff) was never the problem. She had a serious drinking problem and rarely took to the stage sober, partly due to a mammoth obssessive case of stagefright. She was pretty unhinged for a fair few years for various other reasons too. Apparently she cancelled a load of her tour dates earlier this year for "health" reasons, and I reckon it was partly to dry out, and partly to get her head together, which has obviously worked if you compare this Late Show performance to the last one where she was hunched over the piano with her hair covering her face. Also she has glammed herself up for this tour and looks pretty great. I for one think it's great news, and at least for future shows there's more of a chance of actually hearing a few songs the whole way through.

great voice, but The Greatest displeased me somewhat.

LOVED 'where is my love' though. oh god did i ever.
havent had a chance to watch the video yet that is posted ehre

i'll just take this opportunity to restate for the nth time that i had an hour or so in her company before a car crash belfast gig three years ago, and she was as mad as a bag of hammers. delightful lady.

oh shit said:
i'll just take this opportunity to restate for the nth time that i had an hour or so in her company before a car crash belfast gig three years ago, and she was as mad as a bag of hammers. delightful lady.

Bag of hammers eh? How so? Did she wear a pair of y-fronts on her head?

Serious question by the way, what was she like?

g-stereotypical said:
yeah she has some fine knockers..
whah!!!

stop objectifying women you pig!

that guy on prison break is soooooo fine, doncha think? those ripped abs and tattoos....hmmmmmmmmmm

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back