Cat Power plays Douglas Hyde Gallery (1 Viewer)

Pantone247 said:
ha ha ha ha ha

cranky fucking anarchist

did you chain yerself to the gates in protest?
ya shoulda seen me

brought the wrong sign though, doh

_916256_protest300.jpg

Can't believe that gig was as long ago as December '03. I found it really upsetting - as watching someone having a meltdown on stage would be. There were some horrible hecklers. It was totally out of order in this particular context. The Whelan's management should have taken her off much earlier, she was clearly fucked.

Wasn't particularly impressed by her at ATP either, but am holding out hopes that THIS is going to be the gig where she's as great as her records. It's the perfect venue anyway.

avernus said:
I got mine, baby!!

Yeah got mine too. I'm kinda intriged by the whole mentalist aspect of her performance now. Maybe 1/3 mentalist to 2/3 proper performance would go down a treat.

Space Cadet said:
Yeah got mine too. I'm kinda intriged by the whole mentalist aspect of her performance now. Maybe 1/3 mentalist to 2/3 proper performance would go down a treat.

Yeah, I hope she keeps the mentalist to a minimum to be honest.

I only like when I'm pretend-scared.

Like at Queen Adreena gigs.

tom. said:
eh, no they're not

just walked past 20 minutes ago

the gallery isn't even open

i know you want to 'hype' your gig or whatever, but don't tell fibs, it's bad form
he ain't fibbing. friend of mine got our tickets at 10am. so there.

Super Dexta said:
he ain't fibbing. friend of mine got our tickets at 10am. so there.
ah ms. o'driscoll, do keep up. that was yesterday. today is a bright new day. a day filled with laughter, sunshine, and cat power tickets clasped safely in my mitts.

anyone notice how the tickets don't have the date on them? clever.

tom. said:
ah ms. o'driscoll, do keep up. that was yesterday. today is a bright new day. a day filled with laughter, sunshine, and cat power tickets clasped safely in my mitts.

anyone notice how the tickets don't have the date on them? clever.
mad! don't mention the sunshine. it's hurting my eyes. see you at cat power.

I'm reliably informed that my friend picked up mine in return for her Sufjan ticket, deadly.

This sounds good:

Cat Power: "The Greatest"
genre: indie

Download

Recorded near the southwestern corner of Tennessee with session men named "Flick" and Teenie, this song is Chan Marshall's Dusty in Memphis moment-- an indisputable union of voice and style. Her whispery creaks find solace within the track's natural impressions, swept along by lazy strings, pitter-pat drums, and wafts of guitar. Never forced, the sound rises like long shadows on a lonely weed-cracked sidewalk.

Still, this is Cat Power. The song title is brilliantly misleading, a set-up for images of uncanny tragedy. "Once I wanted to be the greatest," she muses. "And then came the rush of the flood/ Stars at night turned you to dust." Hidden somewhere between the song's eloquent sway: There is no easy way down. [Ryan Dombal]

star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star-half.gif

cat power used to go out with smog. then they broke up. so he put a cat getting hit by a lightening bolt on the cover for his 'knock knock' album. and she recorded an covers album of his favourite songs.

that's what i was told anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back