Cat Power plays Douglas Hyde Gallery (1 Viewer)

Juju

THE DOUGLAS HYDE GALLERY
Trinity College
Dublin 2

PRESS RELEASE

CAT POWER

On Halloween Sunday, at 4 pm, the Douglas Hyde Gallery will host an
afternoon concert by Cat Power. This is the third such concert at the
gallery, following successful performances by Laura Veirs and Sufjan
Stevens. These occasions are part of the gallery’s artistic programme.

Cat Power, widely known for her soulful and intense music, has recorded
several CDs for MATADOR, including the DVD/CD ‘Speaking for Trees’,
which was shown at the Douglas Hyde Gallery in December last year. She is
soon to release a new album, entitled ‘The Greatest’.

For further information please contact the Douglas Hyde Gallery, at
6081116, or Vital (Ireland) - [email protected]

Bellatrix said:
Guys taking advantage of a girl's breakdown to get their hole makes me want to set things on fire.

Rage.

I'm absolutely with you on the rage here, but for one post (the one you refer to as 'deluded sexpest') i think you're quoting him a little out of context:

halo of gold said:
For the record, I was one of the guys "taking advantage" of her dancing routines - I couldn't just stand there with everyone looking at her like a deranged circus animal, plus I love the New York Dolls. I should point out now that it was her that kissed me - she's a pretty woman but I'm one of the "honest fags" she started muttering about at one stage, so I guess the effect was lost on me...

Now i wasn't there so maybe he's lying out of his ass and you know things that i don't about this but otherwise, it's hardly fair to change what he said.

I'm suprised when people are suprised by Cat Power's shaky away form - isn't that what she's as famous for as being good?

that whole smooching Cat end of that thread is still as odd now as it was then... the girl was off her box however you want to put it... and that guy has his story but the other dude says...

"some guys in the crowd decide to take advantage of the situation hugging her and kissing her on the lips,eventually one of her crew persuades her to leave"

anyhow creepy stuff no matter what way you look at it...

the bad vibes at the end of that night were intense though, like real heavy Mike Love Super Bad Vibes Heavy... and boy was I stoned... crazy...

totally going to try see her again at the DHG... :D

I said in the other thread about this that seems to have disappeared - saw her a few months back in Belfast and she was absolutely amazing, definately going to try to get down for this. Anyone know how much tickets are?

Beak said:
I said in the other thread about this that seems to have disappeared - saw her a few months back in Belfast and she was absolutely amazing, definately going to try to get down for this. Anyone know how much tickets are?

I think the word 20 bills was bounced around earlier

I'm going to swing by at lunch and have a look see

tix for them shows sell out like craxxxy fast

what the fuck are ruthies? if you're not joking whould you fuck off i'm not putting anything in nobodies drink. cat power is hot is all. fuckin 'ell!

tiks are 20 lids from the gallery onlyas far as i'm aware. probably on sale today, if not then tomorrow.

ps: Tickets for the show are on sales now at the Douglas Hyde Gallery!!!!!

just rang the gallery there, tickets are 20 and they're only on sale in the DHG, they're not taking credit card bookings. tickets on sale tomorrow at 10am.

cookiemonster said:
just rang the gallery there, tickets are 20 and they're only on sale in the DHG, they're not taking credit card bookings. tickets on sale tomorrow at 10am.

tomorrow at 10am, huh? I hope there wont be a goddamn queue!

Yeah, just rang em myself and you can only pick up tickets there, so that's me screwed. Ah well, have fun Dublin types.

Juju said:
ps: Tickets for the show are on sales now at the Douglas Hyde Gallery!!!!!
eh, no they're not

just walked past 20 minutes ago

the gallery isn't even open

i know you want to 'hype' your gig or whatever, but don't tell fibs, it's bad form

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back