Cat Power gig (1 Viewer)

Davy Chase

Anyone see the ad for this in the Event Guide today?

Duglas Hyde Gallery - sometime in November. not my thing really but I imagine there'll be a scramble for tickets so here's a heads up.

Davy Chase said:
Anyone see the ad for this in the Event Guide today?

Duglas Hyde Gallery - sometime in November. not my thing really but I imagine there'll be a scramble for tickets so here's a heads up.

i saw her in whelans before. she was alright. another night of fuckers going shhhhhhhhhhhh.

ramps said:
i saw her in whelans before. she was alright. another night of fuckers going shhhhhhhhhhhh.

whats wrong with fuckers going shhhhhhhhhhhh? its only because of the other fuckers yapping away rudely while other people are trying to listen.

next time youre bored at a gig have one of these handy and save the chitchat til after.

!baggyyyy

Miss Piggy said:
whats wrong with fuckers going shhhhhhhhhhhh? its only because of the other fuckers yapping away rudely while other people are trying to listen.

next time youre bored at a gig have one of these handy and save the chitchat til after.

!baggyyyy

did i say i was talking loudly? i was trying to listen to the music but the shhhhhs were drowning it out.

it's pretty rich of shhushy people to expect you not to talk while some junkhead snogs the crowd. if someone shushed me I'd probably bite their nose off. so Cat Power huh? I'm there..but I hope she aint high!

jaakko said:
ohh...how tiny is that gallery? any info about the tickets, date, etc?
what he said

is this like the sufjan stevens thing last year? how much were tickets for that?

was just on the eventguide website-

says nov 2, 100 people capacity, 20euros each

but I just rang the gallery and they said the date isn't confirmed yet so tickets aren't available yet.

jaakko said:
tickets to be bought only from the gallery or...?
sorry - yeh you ring up the gallery. have the number here:

it will be answered (most likely) by a terribly posh but friendly and informative west-brit who will inform you of just what i said up a few posts.

Any news on a date up North? She was on great form in Belfast last time, played for well over an hour, even done loads of old stuff. Stopped briefly to apologise for the mess of the previous years show when she barely played one song saying "sorry about last year guys, I'm off the pills now".

Just hope she doesn't bring that 'Entrance' fella with her this time, 7 or 8 versions of 'House Of The Rising Sun' sang by a junkie with a tambourine strapped to his shoe I do not need.

she was hilarious in whelans, out of her pretty little head...

don't think I'd go see her again, but horray for mad people who can barely play one song without stopping to yammer on in a stoned manner for 20 mins or so... anyone who walked out or heckled her that night has on soul. Not anymore anyhow.

when i saw her she was only half mental. she played sets of four or five new songs (i think...wasn't anything i recognise) in a row at the piano running one straight into another. it was in a church in NYC too so the setting was great but I was sick as a dog. Do people actually go to a cat power show thinking she won't freak out? optimistic!

chan.jpg

chan chan chan

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back