carlow based guitarist urgently needed (1 Viewer)

Chocohead

I like hotdogs.
Website
www.79cortinaz.net
Carlow based guitarist needed for Covers band. has to have own gear and transport and be a quick learner. Gigs available. Probably a temporary arrange until October/November

Hey chocohead, we meet again. What kind of guitar-playing are you looking for? Are you a professional covers band, or are you just messing around or what's the story.

I'm jamming with a bass player at the moment - we're trying to form a (tuneful!) punk band - I'd be on for playing Punk covers (Ramones, Pistols, etc.) if that's the kind of stuff you're doing...

What's the name of the band btw?

Cheers....

we used to be Revelstone (http://www.revelstonemusic.com - theres some live samples up there) and we'd do the likes of bowie, roxy music, the cure etc, before that I was in band called Pacino and various other covers bands.

This week the vocalist sacked himself so we were looking for a guitarist and a new vocalist. we have the new vocalist but any new guitarist will need transport of their own so we might go for a three piece usinhg the yamaha DD 55 for drums (with the drummer) and use an accoustic, electric plus a fretted and fretless bass and vary set using the diferent instruments.

the covers side of things is just for cash, we're trying to work on some originals like http://www.buywebspace.com/cormacandco .. we jammed them last friday night ...

o'loughlins on dublin street has a jam session on every monday night i think

Hmm... sounds like a bit too much subtlety and technique for me I'm afraid. I'm more a Ramones-style distortion merchant... You've probably done it already, but stick up an ad in Ad Lib - you're bound to get a few replies....

heheh .. we completely fucked up Ace of Spades on Motorhead fans.

That'll get us a kicking at gigs ;)

We also jammed Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel's Come Up and See Me

I certainly fucked up the guitar in the middle8, but Im a bassist dammit.

We have a theory we mightnt need a guitarist, though that could be flawed

Hey my name is zain i am 15 years old i live in hampshire i am looking forward to play for you, i can come to london every single weekend and stay with my dad there because i go to school rest of the week, i learn songs quite quickly i can learn any song in one day or if it is easy than just ONE MINUTE, i played for two bands in london but i moved to hampshire and left them, but now i am hoping to join a new band in london.
.|..|

Hey my name is zain i am 15 years old i live in hampshire i am looking forward to play for you, i can come to london every single weekend and stay with my dad there because i go to school rest of the week, i learn songs quite quickly i can learn any song in one day or if it is easy than just ONE MINUTE, i played for two bands in london but i moved to hampshire and left them, but now i am hoping to join a new band in london.
.|..|

Awwwwwwwww

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back