Can't connect to wireless router in Vista (1 Viewer)

Dktr. Faustus

This is really odd, I can use the wireless connection but cannot log into the router, it's a Belkin one and in their troubleshooting they tell me to:

Check for an IP Address on the computer in the range of the router i.e. 192.168.2.x (x can range from 2 to 254). The router also assigns an automatic IP address to the computers in the range 192.168.2.x (x can range from 2 to 100). For instructions on how to check the IP address on the computer, Refer to Article 13.

Funny enough, there is no "Article 13", well there is no indication what that refers to. Well anyhow I always get an 192.168.1.x IP-address, so that probably is why I can't connect to this crap box? Does the router intentionally give me that kind of an ip-address so that I wouldn't be able to log into it? How do I demand myself a 192.168.2.x address?

I also have a netgear one...that is at 192.168.1.1 and I can sometimes get into the front page (after I resetted into factory settings) but sometimes can get and detect the network but always at some point i get a page cannot be loaded thing.

Just trying to disable the security to try the wireless network out on Ubuntu. These sorts of things used to be so easy but now...two routers and no go, fuck!

first off, turn the old router off. Then go to the network connection properties of your wireless card in Vista and look under TCP/IP to make sure DHCP is enabled.

first off, turn the old router off. Then go to the network connection properties of your wireless card in Vista and look under TCP/IP to make sure DHCP is enabled.
Yeah, DHCP is on on the wireless network. The ADSL modem is on 192.168.1.1.
Can't even ping 192.168.2.1...

oops, i think i might have turned that belkin into an wireless ap (hence, turned off routing) which is why you'll only get the ip from the huawei modem. stick a pen in the reset button on the belkin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back