Cancelled (2 Viewers)

I mean aren't both things more or less true?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think cos Isreal are sitting on an oil/gas mountain that they stole off Gaza us western oil dependants are unable to publicly say 'would you please stop murdering innocent people' so instead they say 'we stand with something something sell us oil in the future, would you please stop murdering innocent people'.

I think cos Isreal are sitting on an oil/gas mountain that they stole off Gaza us western oil dependants are unable to publicly say 'would you please stop murdering innocent people' so instead they say 'we stand with something something sell us oil in the future, would you please stop murdering innocent people'.

I dunno how much the oil and gas play into it
Do they even export gas?
I mean maybe

The conflict in the tweets is Israel has a right to defend itself, but not by bombing the fuck out of civilians.
I am not sure why they get such extreme deference but I don't think it's the oil. But I definitely don't know that for sure.

It's not not about oil though

The Israeli military occupation of Palestinian territories since 1967 and the blockade of the Gaza Strip since 2007 have prevented the Palestinian people from exercising any control over their own fossil fuel resources, denying them much-needed fiscal and export revenues and leaving the Palestinian economy on the verge of collapse.

source Palestine’s forgotten oil and gas resources

Israel has awarded 12 licences to six companies to explore natural gas offshore the Mediterranean coast, reported Reuters. Italian energy company Eni and UK-based oil and gas major BP are among the awardees, which are divided into two groups.
The country’s energy ministry said a consortium comprising Eni, Dana Petroleum and Ratio Energies will conduct exploration activities west of the Leviathan field.

Gas from the operational Leviathan field, which is said to be Israel’s largest offshore gas field with an estimated 22 trillion cubic feet of gas, is used for both domestic and export purposes.

BP: UK
Eni: Italy / European stock exchange shares at 50%.
Dana: Korea
Energean: London based / sells shares
NEwmed energy: Isreal
Ratio: Isreal

That phrase someone used here this week is apt - Corner cases.

From (scant) reading:

bunking/debunking:
Puska was flagged for having sex with a teen, while a teen.
we do have vetting for this according to the minister for justice

Under the European Communities Free Movement of Persons Regulations 2015, I may make a removal order in respect of an EU national who represents a danger for public policy or public security if their conduct represents a genuine, present and sufficiently serious threat affecting one of the fundamental interests of society. If an EU national residing in Ireland is found guilty of a crime, including a violent crime, the Garda National Immigration Bureau will notify my Department.

The Puska case, being a 1 in 5 million event would not have shown up on the proverbial radar unless the information on his teen conviction isn't the full legal picture.
It's tragic and I don't like when things like this are drawn into a twitter shouting match but I don't think Gemma has done any homework in this case.
It's a tragedy and I can understand people having gutteral emotional reactions to it for sure, they are most certainly fodder for right wingers to self promote too but we haven't societally figured that out yet.

The Puska case, being a 1 in 5 million event would not have shown up on the proverbial radar unless the information on his teen conviction isn't the full legal picture.

This is it, without knowing the specific details of the case, which are probably sealed due to both parties being young at the time, or without much knowledge of how common it is for this kinds of proceeding to take place in Slovakia and in what circumstances you can't really say for sure that this sort of thing would have set off alarms with immigration people.

The timing of her tweet, in the week when Claire Collins was almost certainly murdered by her husband, an unfortunately far more common sort of femicide that happens here than the random stranger killing with the Murphy murder and some of the language used in the tweet raises some eyebrows.

Gemma Hayes getting a bit of stick for this somewhat dog whistley tweet

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Gemma wants every Irish cunt ever convicted of a crime in another country sent back here, in that case.

Well said ann post and Unicron.

Also not much concern for the man wrongly arrested for Aisling Murphy's murder.
The Gardai said after bringing him in that they weren't looking for anyone else.
The likes of Paul Reynolds said what the Gardai told them to say about an innocent man and when he was released there was no corrections or apologies.
That is were this kind of racism ends up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back