Cancelled (4 Viewers)

It's a pity people feel they have to apologize for everything now because of the fear of being cancelled by a bunch of pricks on social media.

Last edited:
Is she outside wilson hospital school yet. That photoshop is probably in the pipeline.

I just had a scan at twitter and considering the delicacy of the topic it's like a contact lens in moshpit type atmostphere at present.

what a pile on

I hope she takes the twitter app off her phone

Takeaways
  • The framing that people like Roisin aren't people you disagree with, but rather a threat to vulnerable people, elicits a very strong response
  • People like bonding over something they hate more than something they love
  • Give people something to hate with impunity, and they'll go hell for leather
  • The two-minutes-hate aspect of 1984 was pretty good insight into humans
  • Most people will dump an artist like a hot snot once they have baggage, and that's hilarious

I want to apologise to the very decent, kind and smart @Cornu Ammonis for getting a little too into it with him, with the 500 word responses and so on.
We have different perspectives. And I do fucking go on a bit.
More important than that is that Thumped is an outlet for us to come and have a laugh and the odd barney. I don't want to be someone that's ruining it for others. Honestly.

For science:

At time of apology she had 69.1K Followers.
At time of writing she has 69.3K Followers.

On a more trying to learn about it as much as I can point of view I found one article about how things are going in Finland and to be honest it sort of hummed with an underlying bias I wasn't 100% comfortable with so i didn't share it here - but also touched on stats that I'm going to have to find justification for too - TLDR they used the Dutch model as well - but there were patterns emerging around (again) social media influence on young people that they weren't totally comfortable with.

I probably go on a bit too - It helps me think and I tend not to write a word unless i've done my homework, which means i do my homework so it helps me think more...

The real problem is all the poxy sanctimonious millennials & zoomers on twitter.

From reading around so far

England, Finland and USA have all mentioned social media influence as a factor that is clouding care paths for young people who are both trans and questioning. It's not nothing.

TLDR they used the Dutch model as well - but there were patterns emerging around (again) social media influence on young people that they weren't totally comfortable with.

Ok ended up in Denmark instead -

It's long clunky official sounding stuff, but it's an interesting insight into how it looks from the institutional side, the global medical politics going on and the walking on eggshells that goes with the territory. I don't know much about this website but like - they are at least just collating information. TLDR the Dutch Model was small scope and possibly over applied and now countries are evolving it.

In cynical soccer terms - there did seem to be some conflict between players and managers towards the end. The players will be about for years so keeping the bad blood either means ousting a good squad or throwing the manager under the bus, either way soccer likes to roll heads
Before she took over, the players were playing completely amateur shit and not going anywhere - so the players can shut the fuck up, basically.

Before she took over, the players were playing completely amateur shit and not going anywhere - so the players can shut the fuck up, basically.

Aye, I don't think it's right like, i think it's what soccer likes to do.
Was i the PL last year that you'd have wanted a subs bench for managers there was so much fucking about with media sacrifices?

Takeaways
  • The framing that people like Roisin aren't people you disagree with, but rather a threat to vulnerable people, elicits a very strong response
  • People like bonding over something they hate more than something they love
  • Give people something to hate with impunity, and they'll go hell for leather
  • The two-minutes-hate aspect of 1984 was pretty good insight into humans
  • Most people will dump an artist like a hot snot once they have baggage, and that's hilarious

I want to apologise to the very decent, kind and smart @Cornu Ammonis for getting a little too into it with him, with the 500 word responses and so on.
We have different perspectives. And I do fucking go on a bit.
More important than that is that Thumped is an outlet for us to come and have a laugh and the odd barney. I don't want to be someone that's ruining it for others. Honestly.
I’m at a conference the last couple of days but I meant to reply to your last post. I actually think we’re largely agreeing on most stuff (though I might have phrased it poorly) but absolutely no harm done. I don’t think you or anyone else here is acting in bad faith.

Having read reports from healthcare people in 4 western world countries my % of what is real / questionable and long term for the better for both trans and disphoric kids is siding with Roisín Murphy. I am now officially cancelled.

Wow. So between this and Tavistock it seems reasonable to say that the medical profession is trying to balance supporting actually-trans youth on the one hand, and helping otherwise-distressed youth who have self-diagnosed, and incorrectly think that a gender transition will solve their problems, on the other

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back