Bye Bye CD's. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 46
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 2
I like CDs more than ever these days. Especially picking up old ones for cheap. I get the the full sound and can do whatever I want with them. This has mainly been because I finally changed the CDs in the 6 disc thing in the car and am being amazed at the quality. I feel like I'm spoiling my ears. (Mainly with Rush).

I love CDS. Downloads....meh. I suppose I find downloads underwhelming in the same way the vinyl mafia find CD's underwhelming.

Y'know what Anthony..its funny you should say that..because I've been listening to a few cds lately and it has to be said...the quality is amazing.

Its all just product though.Punters dont give a monkeys why should we?
Just bang out the music any way you can and hope it gets heard and loved.Thats my philosophy anyway.

Y'know what Anthony..its funny you should say that..because I've been listening to a few cds lately and it has to be said...the quality is amazing.

Its all just product though.Punters dont give a monkeys why should we?
Just bang out the music any way you can and hope it gets heard and loved.Thats my philosophy anyway.

What about as a music fan - do you listen to them?

I mostly listen to cds of shit I get off mp3s these day.And yes..I can confirm that they sometimes don't sound the best.But convenience is king in this day and age and I can put up with shitty enough sound myself..Mind you...I have employed the services of the illustrious lemonbravo today who as we speak is mastering a tune for me.If I didnt have aspirations of getting said tune onto the radio though I don't think I would've.

Bullshit, the industry still sells 100,000,000s of cds per annum. They're not gonna phase out cd yet. Sure they've never really fully phased out the other formats. I believe some American country releases go out on tape and even maybe 8 track to this day.

I buy CDs. You get a nice boom off a CD in the car after you've been listening to mp3s for a while. Also, CDs are prime kitchen listening artefacts.

I ordered the new They Might Be Giants rareities album online on CD. I got an immediate mp3 download as part of it. Haven't downloaded it yet. Waiting for the disc to arrive.
Besides, if the thing needs to sit on the shelf with it's mates.

Wouldn't pay more than a fiver for a cd anymore, but there's serious bargains to be had second hand around Dullbin. Recent example -

Bowie - Ziggy Stardust
Portishead - Dummy
Sweet and Lowdown OST
TV on the Radio - Return to Cookie Mountain
Mazzy Star - So tonight

For sixteen quid in Oxfam and Freebird. All perfect.

I have to wonder what impact no cd's(or any other "hard" format for that matter) will have on the rediscovery of music/songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back