Buzzo! Makeup and Shoe Thread (1 Viewer)

jane said:
But I feel your eyeliner pain. I try, too, and it often fails miserably. I've only ever tried 'smoky eyes' once or twice, and I looked like a skaghead.

Have you tried photoshopping your eyes?

Queen Buzzo said:
Benefit are fucking amazing. I can rarely afford their shit. But they're incredible. That is all.

I heart Benefit. I also heart Dermalogica. Their stuff is an investment, but it does last for ages, and I do mean AGES. I never have to replace anything any more frequently than every six to eight months, longer for some stuff. And I use most of the products every day. Dreamy!

Hey, Buzzo, want a garlic-stuffed olive? I bought more than I should have. I can pass a few through the screen.

im a big mac fan..oh and miss zee are u talkin about liquid or pencil green eyeliner?i picked up a really cheap one in roches a few weeks ago but its liquid and it stays on for hours..but how on earth do you apply under eye liner and not look mental?the only one i can do is black..blue and green just make me look insane..

oh and 17 are great for the old random tryin out of shades...

and for the ginger among us i recommend the make up forever clear mascara..makes yr eyelashes really long but you dont look panda eyed...happy days..

yes indeedy, she-lac is deadly and you can use it to make liquid eyeliner out of eyeshadows. It sort of welds the colour to your lids and it won't budge, I'd imagine you could paint it over normal pencil liner too, and it'd fix it. It's about 35 quid though. But it lasts 4EvaH.

How do we feel about makeup palettes? Nice idea but in practice you never end up using half the stuff in them.

Oh shoes, this is my most recent shoe purchase:

http://www.officeholdings.co.uk/perl/go.pl/womens-style.html?webcode=37&style_uid=2405&color_uid=5588

fab shoes kirstie...

i got the most gorgeous pair of heels for a wedding i went to recently..i had to get really high ones so that i wouldnt look like a midget next to the boy in the photos..they were black,peep toe and had a killer heel..they were total sex shoes..i got them in river island..i was lookin for a picture but cannae find one..

i am however currently hating those marc jacobs ankle boot things..in style has a whole feature on them this month and they are pure mouldy..

but those louboutin wedge platformy heel things are yummy..

I know. I shouldn't have gone into the shop but I did, and now I have a sparkly pair of shoes to complement the other 400 pairs of shoes currently residing under my bed.

Ah, shoes.

jane said:
I should not have looked at that website.

River Island is great for shoes. They're never particularly comfortable but they always look fab, which is of course the most important thing. I never buy clothes in there, but always check out their shoe offerings, and the sales are usually deadly too.

My current shoe-want is a pair of D-Havz. Yum Yum Yum.

muffin said:
fab shoes kirstie...

i got the most gorgeous pair of heels for a wedding i went to recently..i had to get really high ones so that i wouldnt look like a midget next to the boy in the photos..they were black,peep toe and had a killer heel..they were total sex shoes..i got them in river island..i was lookin for a picture but cannae find one..

i am however currently hating those marc jacobs ankle boot things..in style has a whole feature on them this month and they are pure mouldy..

but those louboutin wedge platformy heel things are yummy..

kirstie said:
I know. I shouldn't have gone into the shop but I did, and now I have a sparkly pair of shoes to complement the other 400 pairs of shoes currently residing under my bed.

Ah, shoes.

I just bought these in Rome (except in nice brown leather, not horrible suede) and then, when my red shoes fell apart in Paris, I marched straight into a shop and bought a pair of red mary janes. I am desperately trying to stay out of Office, and generally out of shoe stores until I get back to the US and buy my usual truckload of $20 shoes at TJ Maxx. Got some really nice Kenneth Cole ones last time I was there, in addition to about a million others.

Sigh. Shoes. Always needing the more.

cosmeticy items:
none. I feel like a clown when i wear any makeup.

general appearance:
I love all the early nineties girls picture/pattern hoodies in the Ms Quinn shop or Enable ireland. Skater shorts (half lengths!! i'm a snob who doesn't skate) with black tights and lot's of leg warmers. shorts and leg warmers, i am a mentaller.

shoes:
old blue flame cons with glow in the dark stickers. I'm a size 9, and unisex shoes are deck shoes and deck shoes are not punx.

oooh, norjus. House of Fraser do Kenneth Cole, but not for cheap, though they are having a 25% off day tomorrow!
jane said:

I just bought these in Rome (except in nice brown leather, not horrible suede) and then, when my red shoes fell apart in Paris, I marched straight into a shop and bought a pair of red mary janes. I am desperately trying to stay out of Office, and generally out of shoe stores until I get back to the US and buy my usual truckload of $20 shoes at TJ Maxx. Got some really nice Kenneth Cole ones last time I was there, in addition to about a million others.

Sigh. Shoes. Always needing the more.

kirstie said:
River Island is great for shoes.

That's odd...I always thought River Island was muck for everything. Then again, I'm not a girl...

(She lived for a thousand years/And she was miserable - traditional Greek folk song)

fuckit i might as well join in.
here's me in my favourite pair of shoes on earth:
mycons.jpg

though they look heaps rougher now.
the beauty of converse is that they're still so comfy even when they are covered in holes and held together with staples.

it is, their mens clothes in particular are laugh a minute dragon-embroidered-tastic shite, and their womens stuff is cheap tat that costs way too much and falls apart. But they do a good slag-esque shoe. And I love a slag-esque shoe.

quasiquasi said:
That's odd...I always thought River Island was muck for everything. Then again, I'm not a girl...

(She lived for a thousand years/And she was miserable - traditional Greek folk song)

muffin said:
and for the ginger among us i recommend the make up forever clear mascara..makes yr eyelashes really long but you dont look panda eyed...happy days..

Like ginger ginger with white eyelashes and eyebrows? Coz yknow there are auburny gingers with mousy brown eyebrows and brownish lashes and darkish eyes out there too.....who don't look like pandas with a dab of mascara on... at least they don't think they do...:(

Anywaysies - green eyeliner, you say, Zita. Well if it's pencil, rimmel have all manner of shades. I think it's Rimmel. And as far as I remember it's grand for the stay-put. What colour eyes do you have that you're doing the green thing, Z?

white lion cub
lion_cub12.jpg

normal lion cubs
lion_cub_dp.jpg

if i can change the subject to perfume, i wear Angel by Thierry Mugler cos its fuckin lovely.

black-pup.jpg

In one of me jobs yesterday morning, someone dropped in a HUGE white tiger stuffed toy for us. We didn't think they'd follow through. And they did. It stretches from my thighs to the top of my head.

At the moment, it's sitting on a swivel chair, dressed in a referees jersey, wearing headphones, with its massive paws flat out on the desk in front of it.

A bit like this, but older-looking, with more stripes. And a jersey. And headphones.

apollo_pumpkins.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back