Buying online (1 Viewer)

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
I bought a thing online and they sent me the wrong thing

In order to get a refund, they say I need to return the item (to China), at my expense

How come I'm the one that's down money after their mistake?

Solution
Result

"We are pleased to inform you that your request for a refund of 20.00 EUR for your return shipping costs will be deposited directly in your PayPal account balance within 5 business days from today."

Now waiting for the seller to refund me
Resultier

"The case was closed in your favor based on the info provided."
We reviewed the case you filed on 6 July 2021 and have decided in your favor.

We've issued a refund of USD 79.97 to you.
for the first time I've been stung with brexit customs

post july 1st an post seem to have gotten their shit together (although their online payment portal dosn't work.

a mega 37% on top of what's a small package of powdered wood dyes, with a total value of 25 quid.

fuck de brits

interestingly I've had a package from Ali come through unscathed in the past week - I guess they all seem to land and get relabeled in the Netherlands, so perhaps there's a loophole not yet closed

for the first time I've been stung with brexit customs

post july 1st an post seem to have gotten their shit together (although their online payment portal dosn't work.

a mega 37% on top of what's a small package of powdered wood dyes, with a total value of 25 quid.

fuck de brits

interestingly I've had a package from Ali come through unscathed in the past week - I guess they all seem to land and get relabeled in the Netherlands, so perhaps there's a loophole not yet closed
Heard of someone in Belgium get stung for more than the value of the item. Not only that,but it was a gift. No idea who exactly was to blame,but fuck brexit.

Heard of someone in Belgium get stung for more than the value of the item. Not only that,but it was a gift. No idea who exactly was to blame,but fuck brexit.

you want to hear the hilarious part of this particular story - so I paid online this morning, and on the way out to the shops checked the post box - the thing had already been delivered BEFORE I paid the customs charge..
clearly not a fool proof system

you want to hear the hilarious part of this particular story - so I paid online this morning, and on the way out to the shops checked the post box - the thing had already been delivered BEFORE I paid the customs charge..
clearly not a fool proof system

That's how a lot of couriers work, it doesn't mean you don't owe them the money.

That's how a lot of couriers work, it doesn't mean you don't owe them the money.

yeah - but the an post notification specifically said that good would be delivered after payment of duty, so obviously system isn't 100% right yet

one way or another - it seems that they are getting their shit together with this. (unfortunately)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back