Buying a new TV (1 Viewer)

I think I'll get that yoke

I need a media storage yoke too though. I have a feeling that the WD one I have is one its last legs.

Thanks.

If you wait a week or so I'll tell you if it cuts the mustard.

If you're buying an external drive, consider an external Solid State Drive (aka External SSD) so you don't have to listen to a spinning hard drive in the background. Obviously if you think this is a non-issue just get a normal one.

That said, I bought one of these and have no idea how to use it. Well, I followed the instructions and still can't find a way to navigate the files.
I wanted to use this as a back up in case my home PC died. Which is gonna happen any fucking minute.

Amazon product ASIN B00E83X9P8
I'm honestly not that thick.
But maybe that's something thick people say.

I think I'll get that yoke

I need a media storage yoke too though. I have a feeling that the WD one I have is one its last legs.

Thanks.

{edit - I'm too tired / lazy to fix those caps below}

Yeah that worked out perfectly. Fit's the bill entirely. Jobs a guddun and all that. I bought a MIcroSD Card to boost up the storage too. Updated it to wiNDOWS 10 FROM THE MICROSOFT WEBSITE BECAUSE 8 IS A MASSIVE PAIN IN THE ARSE. pm ME IF YOU GO AHEAD YOURSELF AND i'LL GIVE YOU SOME TIPS/POINTERS.

What advantage is there to a smart TV if you've already got a PS4 for Netflix and a sky box for box sets? I want to upgrade my TV to something bigger (which is an LG I bought in Tesco one day when I went in for Corn Flakes) and TV shopping appears to be more complicated than just size and HD ready.

Simplicity. My Samsung tv has Netflix and plex clients built in. It's not a huge thing but it makes like fractionally easier.

looks like it's a DLNA server so assuming your TV supports DLNA and you connect it to your network, you won't need to physically connect the HD to the TV at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back