Butthole Surfers, Vicar St, 24th July (TOMORROW!) (1 Viewer)

the kid

Website
www.warlordsofpez.com
A lot of people don't seem to know this but Butthole Surfers are playing in Vicar Street tomorrow night (24th July).

Paul Leary now playing all shows in the US + Europe

Paul Green's School of Rock & Warlords of Pez support.

It's an early one so doors at 7.30pm & the Warlords are on about 8pm.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

buttholes_pez.jpg

warlords of pez!!theyr mental, saw them in cork last year.. wearing capes and massive fly masks....
There's a time to shit, and a time for god. The last shit i took, was pretty fuckin' odd! There's a time to live and a time to die. I smoke Elvis Presley's toenails when i wanna get high!"

I'm surprised there's not more interest in this

I'll be at Chuck Berry myself , but still...

anyone else kind of surprised this is in Vicar street? This band always struck me as being more "legendary" than "popular" in fairness.The fact that a fair portion of their musical output ("Locust Abortion Technician" and the odd song here or there) is, with the benefit of hindsight, a bit shit, might have something to do with it.

I;d be there,but I'm off to Waterford for a wedding.

The fact that a fair portion of their musical output ("Locust Abortion Technician" and the odd song here or there) is, with the benefit of hindsight, a bit shit, might have something to do with it.
i'm too young to have a kind of 'time and place' nostalgia for that album and i think its fucking amazing.
alternative rock later on in their career stuff wasn't good but can't fault their early albums at all.
don't know what you're on about grimeseses.

warlords of fucking pez supporting,bunch of shite.

i'm too young to have a kind of 'time and place' nostalgia for that album and i think its fucking amazing.
alternative rock later on in their career stuff wasn't good but can't fault their early albums at all.
don't know what you're on about grimeseses.

actually shithead, I do. firstly that should have said "ASIDE FROM L.A.T and the odd song here and there". Also, I forced myself to listen through the PCPEP, "Brown Reasons to Live", "Hairway to Steven" and "Pioughd" one after the other about a year ago while having a clear out, and realised how boring a lot of the actual music is. Ther's maybe two good tunes on each record. "Jimi" was as good as it got. Flogged the lot. Haven't regretted it.

I WOULD like to see them live though just out of curiosity.

now go reply to your myspace messages, we have some business to conduct

didnt they play a festival back when, and the singer came on with a shotgun loaded with blanks and fired into the crowd causing mayhem!!! ?? or is this someone else like onoff?

didnt they play a festival back when, and the singer came on with a shotgun loaded with blanks and fired into the crowd causing mayhem!!! ?? or is this someone else like onoff?

Legend has it that Frank Discussion from Feederz did that to with some sort of automatic... ah, here we go- (sorry, nothing at all to do with the Butthole Surfers...)

"Frank Discussion - Owner of US hardcore's best-ever stage-name - gave a new definition to the phrase "confrontational performer" when, backed by Art Nouveau (a.k.a. John Vivier, drums, deceased) and Clear Bob (a.k.a. Dan Clark, bass) at the first Feederz show, he whipped out an assault rifle and sprayed the audience with gunfire."

I love the earlier records,but can't go to the gig. Don't feel like I'll be missing anything though. Had I been able to go I probably would.

Legend has it that Frank Discussion from Feederz did that to with some sort of automatic... ah, here we go- (sorry, nothing at all to do with the Butthole Surfers...)

"Frank Discussion - Owner of US hardcore's best-ever stage-name - gave a new definition to the phrase "confrontational performer" when, backed by Art Nouveau (a.k.a. John Vivier, drums, deceased) and Clear Bob (a.k.a. Dan Clark, bass) at the first Feederz show, he whipped out an assault rifle and sprayed the audience with gunfire."

I always laugh at the story of how they(Feederz) played gilman and he had a dead cat round his neck and live crickets glued to his bald head.

seriously, i know that it's a rule of thumb around here to prefare band's earlier albums but i beseech anyone who has any doubts about the surfers being awesome to listen to "independant worm saloon". i've no doubt that it's considered their sellout album but it's some of the catchiest, weird alternative rock music ever. from start to finish. ohhhhh it's soooo gorgeous. it was one of those records that changed my life. just fucking delicious. electric larryland is a fine record too. don't get me wrong, i like their "shit" albums too. dudes, it's the butthole surfers, i offer up tonight's masturbation to them, for truly they are kings amoung men. knowing that paul leary is goin to be here and everything, i can not fucking wait.

actually shithead, I do. firstly that should have said "ASIDE FROM L.A.T and the odd song here and there". Also, I forced myself to listen through the PCPEP, "Brown Reasons to Live", "Hairway to Steven" and "Pioughd" one after the other about a year ago while having a clear out, and realised how boring a lot of the actual music is. Ther's maybe two good tunes on each record. "Jimi" was as good as it got. Flogged the lot. Haven't regretted it.

I WOULD like to see them live though just out of curiosity.

now go reply to your myspace messages, we have some business to conduct
omfgzers james i meant ''i don't know what you're on about''.i still maintain your wrongness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back