Burning MP3 in iTunes (1 Viewer)

tripoli

OK MAYBE I'M DOING SOMETHING WRONG HERE BUT HERE'S MY PROBLEM:

I HAVE ALL OF MY MUSIC IN AAC BUT WHEN I GO TO BURN AN MP3 DISC AFTER SELECTING MP3 DISC IN THE PREFERENCES MENU, THE DISC WILL NOT PLAY IN MY MP3 COMPATIBLE PLAYER? ANYONE KNOW WHAT I'M DOING WRONG?

CHEERS :confused:

tripoli said:
OK MAYBE I'M DOING SOMETHING WRONG HERE BUT HERE'S MY PROBLEM:

I HAVE ALL OF MY MUSIC IN AAC BUT WHEN I GO TO BURN AN MP3 DISC AFTER SELECTING MP3 DISC IN THE PREFERENCES MENU, THE DISC WILL NOT PLAY IN MY MP3 COMPATIBLE PLAYER? ANYONE KNOW WHAT I'M DOING WRONG?

CHEERS :confused:

That's what you get for using the propriety format, stung in the ass by its own software!!bog

seriously though.

First off, check that itunes had actually burned anything to the disc. Put it back in computer and check the cd drive contents (It should burn a data disc so all the files should come up as normal). Itunes help says if what you're trying burn aren't mp3 then it won't burn anything to disc, doesn't say what happens to AAC files when you try to burn MP3 disc but i'd imagine 'computer says no!'

If there are AAC files on the disc then yr MP3 player prob can't read them, wrong format, check if player is compatible with AAC but it prob isn't cos that's just apple propriety format i think. if there's mp3s on the disc then itunes must've converted 'em first and the prob must lie with your player.

if there's nothing on disc at all then you'll prob have to get itunes to convert files to mp3, add that lot to a plylist then burn that.

in theory like...

Have a heart dude!!!!!
Igor said:
That's what you get for using the propriety format, stung in the ass by its own software!!bog

On a more serious front, thanks for the input. It seems that once the files are imported in AAC that you cannot then turn around and say that you want an MP3 CD. In theory, I suppose its like compressing and already compressed file, thus resulting in a shit quality end result. Serves me right for liking music in the first place. Cheers dude.!baggyyyy

tripoli said:
Have a heart dude!!!!!

On a more serious front, thanks for the input. It seems that once the files are imported in AAC that you cannot then turn around and say that you want an MP3 CD. In theory, I suppose its like compressing and already compressed file, thus resulting in a shit quality end result. Serves me right for liking music in the first place. Cheers dude.!baggyyyy

are they songs you have bought from the Music Store that you are trying to burn? Or do you always encode in AAC format?

tripoli said:
Have a heart dude!!!!!

Yep, you can make an audio CD from a list of AAC's but not an MP3 CD. Makes sense. You just have to convert them to MP3's by setting your import settings to MP3 and then choosing 'Convert Selection To MP3' from (I think) the Advanced menu

you can't do that with AACs bought from ITMS.
Is there a workaround for turning them into mp3? Must do some experimenting. Maybe burning an audio CD and then ripping that CD as mp3. hmm. seems a bit arkward. Surely someone has come up with a way of making protacted AAC files into Mp3.

Anthony said:
you can't do that with AACs bought from ITMS.
Is there a workaround for turning them into mp3? Must do some experimenting. Maybe burning an audio CD and then ripping that CD as mp3. hmm. seems a bit arkward. Surely someone has come up with a way of making protacted AAC files into Mp3.

I think that is the only way to do it without getting new software. www.ipodlounge.com may have the answer.

Also, if you make more than 5 CD's with the songs you bought from iTunes, it thinks you are a pirate (not the Aaaarrrrrr, matey kind) and won't let you burn any more copies of it.

I don't think there is anyway around it for me really. Originally I imported about 150 albums in as AAC as the file size was smaller than most which allowed me to squeeze 2900 tracks onto a 10Gb iPod. Now I don't really use the iPod that much and have opted for an MP3 CD player in the car. Now it looks like I would have to import it all in again in MP3 to make CD's for the car. I have Roxio Toast 6 though if anyone knows if you can burn AAC onto an MP3 Cd with this software? Thanks dudes.
:confused:

tripoli said:
I don't think there is anyway around it for me really. Originally I imported about 150 albums in as AAC as the file size was smaller than most which allowed me to squeeze 2900 tracks onto a 10Gb iPod. Now I don't really use the iPod that much and have opted for an MP3 CD player in the car. Now it looks like I would have to import it all in again in MP3 to make CD's for the car. I have Roxio Toast 6 though if anyone knows if you can burn AAC onto an MP3 Cd with this software? Thanks dudes.
:confused:

Try this

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...HO9u3/3.0.0.11.1.0.6.9.3.19.0.1.1.1.1.2.1.0.3

There are other ones on the site but this is the only one that will work with a 10G iPod. The others won't because they have a little connector for the remote and as the 10G iPod can' t use the remote (if memory serves) you won't be able to push in the connector all the way.

Anyway, it's a little FM transmitter that plays your iPod through your car stereo. I have one but I got it in America because they are apparently illegal here as they qualify as a radio station or something stupid even though they have a four foot transmission area.

Works a treat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back