brown thomas goes fur free (1 Viewer)

I see. And even if the jacket was really warm, and lasted for ages this wouldn't make up for it?

Like, most people dont really need to eat meat at all. And the clothing will really last and be much loved.

More loved than a batter burger for instance. Even maybe a 500 batter burgers.
i dunno, i know a few people who wouls mary 500 batterburgers

my mam volunteers in a charity shop and regularly rescues old beautifully made fur coats and such like. When admiring myself in the mirror in this fab coat I was wondering is it alright to wear it out and cherish it rather than leaving it fester in a wardrobe somewhere,-but you'd possibly get lynched.
I decided no.
I don't eat meat and am pretty good staying away from all products containing bits of dead beast for eating. But I still can't resist a gorgeous pair of shoes (;eather) and boots etc.

long story short I think I'm probably still as bad as any meat eater in terms of poor animals...damn vanity and fashion.

do people really think those coats should linger forgotten about now that the animals are already done for and have probably suffered for it?

you don't want to advertise fur by going around looking suave and sophisticated in a well tailored vintage coat, but it still seems such a waste.

my mam volunteers in a charity shop and regularly rescues old beautifully made fur coats and such like. When admiring myself in the mirror in this fab coat I was wondering is it alright to wear it out and cherish it rather than leaving it fester in a wardrobe somewhere,-but you'd possibly get lynched.
I decided no.
I don't eat meat and am pretty good staying away from all products containing bits of dead beast for eating. But I still can't resist a gorgeous pair of shoes (;eather) and boots etc.

long story short I think I'm probably still as bad as any meat eater in terms of poor animals...damn vanity and fashion.

do people really think those coats should linger forgotten about now that the animals are already done for and have probably suffered for it?

you don't want to advertise fur by going around looking suave and sophisticated in a well tailored vintage coat, but it still seems such a waste.
sell the coats back to cold animals instead.
return to sender like. for profit.

How about if you play games with the bunnies first.

I dunno lads. I'm not convinced.
I'm off to continue to rip the skins of bunnies and laugh hysterically as their bleeding corpse goes into spasm and shock, and then finally stops twitching to adorn the edges of my Shoei lid.

ShoeiHelmetRF1000.jpg

Along the bottom there ^^

Aesthetically pleasing or what.

Sarah, I don't see a moral problem with second hand fur, or leather for that matter. I had a charity shop fur coat myself when I was about 15 (and a goth:rolleyes:) but I couldn't wear one nowadays even if I wanted to, which I don't, because hyper-defensive meat eaters would think they had "found me out" and I'd never hear the end of it. I hate talking to those fools. "What if you were stranded on a desert island and..." !zed

how is it exclusive?

cant any member of public just walk in?
They mean expensive. That's the real reason I think they stopped selling it. Fur seems to be much cheaper these days. The last place I saw real fur in was No Name, the cheapest shop in Ireland. Fur may be losing is exclusivity. If that even is a word.

Sarah, I don't see a moral problem with second hand fur, or leather for that matter. I had a charity shop fur coat myself when I was about 15 (and a goth:rolleyes:) but I couldn't wear one nowadays even if I wanted to, which I don't, because hyper-defensive meat eaters would think they had "found me out" and I'd never hear the end of it. I hate talking to those fools. "What if you were stranded on a desert island and..." !zed

yeah but thats only because when talking to hardcore vegans( not aiming this at you frona) are going on and on about the little bunny rabbits and all these facts that you cant actually dispute cause they are totally right. that you they push you on the extreme defensive and make up these mad plot lines forcing you to agree with them as we've had to agree with you all night. sort of thing

My Ma was a real animal lover and was totally against fur farming. But she bought a fox fur stole in a second-hand shop because I reckon she thought the same as yourself. It's a scary looking yoke, has the head on it and all with a clasp under the mouth. Yok.

She had a fake fur coat which she wore out to a do one night. When she got home it turned out she'd taken a real fur coat from the cloakroom. It was too small for her, but rather than try to give it back to it's original owner, she let it out at the sides and KNITTED two panels into it. Mad oulwan. Don't know what animal it was from. A gorilla by the colour of it.

by flashback "The thing is though... its all or nothing right?We either can kill animals for our purposes... or not." i think it should be all. like in china for example on chickens they use every single part of the animal except the actual feathers and its the same witha lot of animals over there although they have different dietary needs to us they use everything that can be used. i think this is right instead of letting things go to waste as we do in western society. i'm not going to give excuses for myself i like the taste of meat superquinn sausages in particular, so i cant defend in the indefensible for long but i cant attack it either as i will always eat and buy these products

i don't think we should be looking to china for an example
theres also no animal rights what so ever in china and in some parts its believed the more an animal suffers the better the meattastes
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ah you mean the oul adrenaline ridden Alsatian making a heartier winter soup?
It started off as a fairly poverty stricken last resort during harsh Chinese winters to eat your dog, but people do it for the laugh now.
Animal rights there are like potato rights here. Pick 'em, peel 'em and 'boil em.
I was in a dog restaurant once. It smells like mutton. Couldn't bring myself to eat it though. I had pork instead which tastes like human. The smell of cooked dog made me yak a little.

Seriously though.
That's a deadly trailer.
Any idea when it hits the cinemas?

I had pork instead which tastes like human.

So... the obvious question is, how do you know?

Although I heard that pork tastes like human full stop.
I even heard that there was a law, somewhere, at some time, that said that all pork cuts must be butchered and sold with some skin attached, so that the buyer could see that it wasn't human.

That's what I heard.

See, the thing is, people dont need to eat meat to get your dietary protein needs though. Or at least "people" dont need to eat anywhere as much meat as the do at the very least.

Many people eat too much animal protein, but, depending on your metabolic make up and level of activity it can be very difficult, and for some people impossible, to consume enough protein without eating meat. I know more than one vegetarian who was forced to return to eating meat by their body's needs.

Farming Mink for the purposes of producing luxury goods was ill-advised. They are nasty little creatures, harmful to our ecosystem. Whether they escaped or were set free by 'well-meaning' activists they caused a lot of damage and most of them had to die anyway, but without being put to any use. Our dog bashed one to a bloody pulp against a tree trunk after catching it killing our chickens.

There are plenty of non-animal protein sources. I've yet to meet anyone that's become a lapsed vegetarian for actual dietary reasons. As far as I can tell it's just a handy excuse for people who miss rashers.

Any truth to 'the protein myth'? That it's based on a study carried out on rats, who requre 1,000 times the protein a human needs? I heard it in some Consolidated lyrics, so it must be true.

I even heard that there was a law, somewhere, at some time, that said that all pork cuts must be butchered and sold with some skin attached, so that the buyer could see that it wasn't human.

Yer man Hitchens makes a point about religious bans in relation to pork, inasmuch as it probably started out as a ban on eating people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back