Broadband Question (1 Viewer)

i am with IOL, there quite good now we were upgraded to the 16gig limit. which is twice eircoms as far as i know. there was some weird getting disconnected errors a couple of months back but it seams to be fine now.

get a ethernet modem if you can its a lot easier to use and is vital if you want to share broadband.

since all broadband is repackaged eircom access you might want to look at who gives you the most download cap and customer service.

IOL have yet to charge me anything, not going to be fun when that bill lands.,

das funkinstein said:
since all broadband is repackaged eircom access you might want to look at who gives you the most download cap
www.irishbroadband.ie - wireless broadband. No eircom, no download cap, 512k up, 512k down, 8:1 contention, 50 quid a month. I use 'em.

Winner.

pete said:
www.irishbroadband.ie - wireless broadband. No eircom, no download cap, 512k up, 512k down, 8:1 contention, 50 quid a month. I use 'em.

Winner.
Crap. I just bought eircom's shitty deal. Wish I'd checked out these guys. I'm the ultimate stupid consumer. 99 euro me arse. It was like buying a Ryanair flight: the 'actual' cost is about three times what they tell you, which you only find out when you get your bill.

So now, I've been paying for broadband for two months and just got my modem yesterday (thanks, guys!). Now, not only am I a technological mongoloid when it comes to setting it up (anyone who wants to help me with this will be rewarded culinarily, by the way), I still haven't gotten my password, which means ringing their stupid premium number. And more paying through the nose for a service I probably won't be able to use for a couple more weeks.

Don't even get me started on Eircom taking SIX MONTHS to set up a residential line when I first moved up here. Bastards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back