Brian Lenihan has cancer (1 Viewer)

I've no bother wishing the guy the best of health, i still think nama is insane, and it shouldn't be drifted into the taboo closet because of his illness.

I'm really worried about who'll replace him as MOF while he's ill. The thoughts of Mary Harney running NAMA is giving me nightmares.

No chance of that - rumours are that she was to be dropped from cabinet in a January reshuffle anyway. She's keen to go and Cowen wants to promote a FF-er. I would expect Ahearn, Martin or Dempsey to get Finance.

If Lenihan retires, there'll be a bye-election in what is Joe Higgins' former constituency - Higgins already said during his MEP campaign that he would stand for the dail at the next opportunity.

With the mood of the area, I'd be amazed if Joe didn't get it this time.
Saw him in Lidl the other day getting a frozen pizza for one, he looks so sad :(

I would imagine he'll be resigning very soon. No one will doubt that he's a committed and dedicated politician but surely his family are aware that his is the most stressful job in the cabinet at the moment and pancriatic cancer is a right bollox. They're probably begging him to take it easy and step down.

Saw him on a BBC documentary about the financial crash this evening, him, Gordon Brown and the French finance minister all came across as pragmatic and even handed, The Yanks that got us into this mess in the fucking first place seem arrogant hyperbolis cunts of the highest order and the Icelandic minister of finance seems to be still in shock now, poor bastard.

He's a bollix.

Good riddance.

Obviously I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone, except maybe Hitler (when he was alive) and the like, but this is a fianna fail politician that people here are sad about. Ffs, there's about a zillion better candidates for one's sympathy than BL. You know like.

Agree re NAMA. Just transfer wealth back to the rich.

I'm really worried about who'll replace him as MOF while he's ill. The thoughts of Mary Harney running NAMA is giving me nightmares.

I know, I was the same. Its a bit of a strange one he's staying on when sick as the question over whether he'll be able to do it is there. Still I wish him the best. FF would not be a party I support but I wouldn't wish that on anyone

cancer isn't something you catch on a bus though. he must have been ill for months, while running the money. thats insane. maybe they should send him to the north west primary care centre. oh wait. thats been closed. ok send him to sligo. nevermind. closed too.

Out of all the Fianna FAIL politicians he's the only one I actually like. That said, I think he has absolutley no idea what he's doing as the Finance Minister... they should have left him as Justice Minister.... but you can tell he means well but is just horribly inept. Kinda like Homer Simpson. At any rate cancer is shit and feel for him and his family.

I once ran into him at Tower records, he was with his daughter buying CDs for her.

It's a bit shit that TV3 ran it so close to christmas, but i'm curious what people think about whether it should have been made public or let to him to announce, if it wasn't christmas that is. Like someone said, he must have known for a while, and he is arguably the most important person in the government at the moment.

It's a bit shit that TV3 ran it so close to christmas, but i'm curious what people think about whether it should have been made public or let to him to announce, if it wasn't christmas that is. Like someone said, he must have known for a while, and he is arguably the most important person in the government at the moment.

He didn't know till about two weeks before it came out when he went into hospital with some sort of pain so I don't really think he was trying to hide it.

as he said himself, what difference would it have made to people if they knew on stephens day or january 4th? fuck tv3. also disagree about him being inept, i would say he's very capable and knows his shit and he had the balls to bang out 3 hard ass budgets and not try to sugar coat it. not sure about nama tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back