Brian Kerr: Strength to Strength (1 Viewer)

JASUS!!!

The Faroes are seemingly a lot more boring than you think so good luck to him living there.

If he thought he had a poor squad for Ireland...
I wonder is there a Faroe version of Eamon Dunphy?

Bizarre move all round, a bit like all those 70s english players who now manage teams like Vietnam and Laos

Jaysus.. thought he might end up getting a lower-mid tier international side (wasn't he connected with the Thailand or Malaysia job or somesuch a while back?) or a Championship or League One English team, this seems a bit of a step down though. Hard to imagine what exactly he can achieve with a country of 50,000 people. They do at least seem like one of the minnow teams with a potential for causing the odd upset, or at least not getting routinely hammered. Good appointment for the Faroese though, if they let him get involved with their youth sides etc.. Hope he does well, as disappointing as his time in charge of Ireland was.

In an unrelated but similar fall from grace, I spotted Gio Dos Santos coming off the bench for Ipswich a few weeks back.

Jaysus.. thought he might end up getting a lower-mid tier international side (wasn't he connected with the Thailand or Malaysia job or somesuch a while back?) or a Championship or League One English team, this seems a bit of a step down though.
seems? SEEMS? my god man, they've really hurt you. go to your special place. razor. stuttgart. ahhhhhhh.

Snigger snigger. Jibe jibe.

Kerr is an Irish football man through and through. What he did for the Irish youth teams should be remembered before we start pillorying the fuck out of him for his opinions in the paper.
Like Staunton, he's a man more sinned against than sinning.
They both took the Ireland job as men with strong records and the sincerest of intentions and were both, in their own way, fucked over by the FAI and the press.
Fair enough, you don't like his opinions in the the Times, but who wouldn't feel a little bitter about getting fucked over by Delaney and his cabal of cunts over at Abbotstown?
I'm not saying we should cheer his every move, but at least judge him with a little persepctive, over his years of service in Irish football.
Same with Steve Staunton, a little respect is due. He's done a lot more for Ireland than taking a job he shouldn't have.
Some of you have to be smarter than red top back page sub-eds.

Kerr's moving to the Faroes, and will be responsible for more than just managing the national team. They've got a grassroots football man, with a proven record who can't wait to start his next job.
They've got a hell of a deal.

Snigger snigger. Jibe jibe.

Kerr is an Irish football man through and through. What he did for the Irish youth teams should be remembered before we start pillorying the fuck out of him for his opinions in the paper.
Like Staunton, he's a man more sinned against than sinning.
They both took the Ireland job as men with strong records and the sincerest of intentions and were both, in their own way, fucked over by the FAI and the press.
Fair enough, you don't like his opinions in the the Times, but who wouldn't feel a little bitter about getting fucked over by Delaney and his cabal of cunts over at Abbotstown?
I'm not saying we should cheer his every move, but at least judge him with a little persepctive, over his years of service in Irish football.
Same with Steve Staunton, a little respect is due. He's done a lot more for Ireland than taking a job he shouldn't have.
Some of you have to be smarter than red top back page sub-eds.

Kerr's moving to the Faroes, and will be responsible for more than just managing the national team. They've got a grassroots football man, with a proven record who can't wait to start his next job.
They've got a hell of a deal.

Agreed, but it's alright - we're anonymous.

It's the kind of news that's funny on first hearing it. I think he's a true legend of Irish football and will be remembered as such. Good luck to him.

seems? SEEMS? my god man, they've really hurt you. go to your special place. razor. stuttgart. ahhhhhhh.

Haha. Well to be fair the Faroes have their Razor/Stuttgart moment too:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Kerr is apparently on 200k a year with this job so I wouldn't feel that sorry for him. Hope they beat France!

As opposed to pole-vaulting?

Staunton had a risible amount of coaching experience before taking the Ireland job. Kerr wasn't a bad choice given his experience but he just wasn't up to it in the end. But Staunton...fuck me.

He was our most-capped player and had a sizeable dressing room and motivational presence (these were key qualities it was felt were missing in the Kerr era). The idea to meld this experience and postives with Bobby Robson's managerial experience was a bad one.
It might have worked were it a televsion programme or a movie.
The fault here lies with the FAI, mostly.

My point is that while Staunton may have over-reached in believing he could step up as manager, it shouldn't diminish his record as a player for us.
I think both men get an inordinate amount of abuse given all they've done for the team.
It's narrow-minded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back