Born Into Brothels: Calcutta's Red Light Kids (1 Viewer)

[SIZE=-1] Oscar winner -- best documentary (2005)

Admist the apparent growing prosperity of India, there is a dark underbelly of poverty of ... all » another side of the nation that is little known. This film is a chronicle of filmmakers Zana Briski and Ross Kauffman's efforts to show that world of Calcutta's red light district. To do that, they inspired a special group of children of the prostitutes of the area to photograph the most reluctant subjects of it. As the kids excel in their new found art, the filmmakers struggle to help them have a chance for a better life away from the miserable poverty that threatens to crush their dreams[/SIZE]

nice one. looks interesting. may give this a watch later tonight.
there's a world of really interesting documantaries out there. been meaning to gather up a few, (maybe including a few torrent links :eek:), and making a "interesting documanetary thread". must get around to it. by far the most rewarding viewing experience is a good doc in my opinion.

and making a "interesting documanetary thread". must get around to it. by far the most rewarding viewing experience is a good doc in my opinion.

me too! ever since i heard of tv links ive been obsessed with watching as many as poss.

you should start one, would be good to get some other links to good docu sites.

anyway nice one to captain a for posting. definitely gonna watch it.

me too! ever since i heard of tv links ive been obsessed with watching as many as poss.

I've just started checking out tv links - truth be told though I usually just watch a cartoon or comedy when I'm a bit stoned. What documentaries on it are good?

I've just started checking out tv links - truth be told though I usually just watch a cartoon or comedy when I'm a bit stoned. What documentaries on it are good?

some of the murder ones: dahmer, bundy etc are good. there are some interesting discovery channel ones too, The Bridge is on there (not for weak stomachs).....to be honest just have a good browse through and see if anything seems good. they seem to add new ones on a regular basis which is good. my memory sucks but if i think of any other good ones ill give you a heads up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back