Bored in Work (maximum break 1)47 (2 Viewers)

should we have a "bored in bed" sticky thread?

i thought of it coz i can't get no sleep, but thinking about it, it could have a much wider application.

..soo tired of of commin in to a souless kip and staring at a p.C. may brain hurts after the weekend. Nice night last night..few spliffs and cold beer and alien on the telly! why can't everday be like that.(yes I am the laziest git ever)

at the record fair in Dun Laoighaire i gots me the 'livin in a box' 7" and the beta band 'patty patty sounds' double 12" e.p.
me = chuffed.
coraline got a debbie gibson 12" - lordy :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Latex lizzie
..I liked the beta band until I went to see them in the Red Box..had to leave..biggest dissapointment ever..Bah! livin in a box = deadly..did you know bref got back last night?

i never saw bb live, have heard mixed things about their performances but still likes the records.

flashpants returns!

i never saw bb live, have heard mixed things about their performances but still likes the records.

red box show was disappointing, but they were really good at glastonbury a couple of years ago.

[RANT]

Garrrrrgh!!!!! Copy-controlled cds! Hate the fuckers! Hate them! I can't listen to the damn things in my walkman or my DVD player, they can't detect them! And they make you install this shitty fucking player on your pc if you want to listen to them! Fucking bastard cunts! GAAAAHHH!!!!!

No really though, it's sooo annoying. i mean, i payed for the damn cds, why can't i listen to them on any player i want to? I know this is an old issue, but it's still a personal gripe. And it doesn't endear me to the bands that release them, even if they are forced into it by their record label. And if they're not, then they're idiots, or Metallica, or both. Way to go, alienating your fanbase.

The current albums I have an issue with are: Turin Brakes "The Ether Song", a SourceLab 3-disc compilation, and a double album of Blondie ("Blondie" and "Plastic Letters").

I can semi-understand the newer albums, but Blondie? Those two albums were released in 1977 and 1978, the bulk of their sales is well past, it's hardly worth the effort of pissing off people by putting an unwieldy copy-protection system on them that disables them from being played on a whole range of devices.

[/RANT]

well if they're those copyrighted ones with that extra track or whatever at the edge of the CD, cellotape should do the job.

Originally posted by nlgbbbblth
was it any good then?
been to that fair couple a times and it's been bollocks.

aye, i've never found anything of particular use in there, the last worthwhile thing i got was a 7" of stay with me by the faces for a euro

Originally posted by nlgbbbblth
was it any good then?
been to that fair couple a times and it's been bollocks.

overall it wasn't much cop, hence the purchase of the novelty tunes. got eno-apollo for a tenner which was ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back