Bored in Work 9 (to 5) (2 Viewers)

I remember when I first started to find out about all that sixties stuff, flower power, The Beatles, Woodstock etc asking my Da 'where were you in the 60s' type questions. Answer: listening to the Dubliners and other figures from the 'folk revival' in places like The Embankment. At the time I was horrified that my parents had managed to *MISS OUT* on the number one significant cultural event that happened during their youth ... of course now I realise that they were in the thick of an equally significant cultural event

Originally posted by egg_
I remember when I first started to find out about all that sixties stuff, flower power, The Beatles, Woodstock etc asking my Da 'where were you in the 60s' type questions. Answer: listening to the Dubliners and other figures from the 'folk revival' in places like The Embankment. At the time I was horrified that my parents had managed to *MISS OUT* on the number one significant cultural event that happened during their youth ... of course now I realise that they were in the thick of an equally significant cultural event

The 60's never happened in Dublin really. Coz the Catholic church was in charge till the early fuckin 80's!! They wouldn't let it happen. Plus because of religious opression on our population over this century, we generally were and still are a very conservative society. Petrified of standing out from the crowd too much as we might be pointed at. If you lived in New York for 3 months , this is the first thing that strikes you

Originally posted by Speed Racer
The 60's never happened in Dublin really.

Do you say that cos we didn't have free love, LSD, rock'n'roll, sunshine and anti-Vietnam war protests? I'd say what happened here in the sixties was just as big a leap for us as what happened in California at the same time was for Californians

NO, not as a big a change happened here in relation to the population. Look at the huge changes in London, Paris, even the Art scene in Spain. But nothing radical happened in Ireland coz we were pinned down. And in rural areas, still are, judging by the success of Fianna Fail in the last election. God forbid if they stepped out of line and thought about their votes.

you boys,

look, if you want snakeys moon on the end of yer stick just ask him. He'll be a bachelor for a whole other month.

I just want you guys to be happy.

(PS, I confess I posted this mainly to see how fast I can post with my fancy new ADSL connection...geek that I am)

Originally posted by rumpus
(PS, I confess I posted this mainly to see how fast I can post with my fancy new ADSL connection...geek that I am)

that's the sort of talk that gets people banned around here

prick

eh, roight, i eh tink dat jus' cos all dem boybands and britaney spe-ars type singin boirds are, like poplar now its like the skin on de milk, y'know cos all the good milk is underneath an if ye jus move the skin o'de milk den ye'll see the good milk. underneath.

what i mean dere is that the good music is like the proper milk and the skin o'de milk is like the crap manerfactered milk. or no i mean crap manerfactered music. y'see? its a paraldox. or no a metalfor.

anyway if ye move the milk skin over dere den ye'll see the underground rock stuff like blink 182 and creed and den if ye like older stuff den the sonic youths or bruce spingseen like.

y'see? am i makin sence?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back