Bored In Work 483 (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Scientists Reconstruct Brains’ Visions Into Digital Video In Historic Experiment

http://gizmodo.com/5843117/scientists-reconstruct-video-clips-from-brain-activity

The subjects were exposed to two different groups of Hollywood movie trailers as the fMRI system recorded the brain's blood flow through their brains' visual cortex.
The readings were fed into a computer program in which they were divided into three-dimensional pixels units called voxels (volumetric pixels).

Really? REALLY??!!

I saw this yesterday and tried to figure out if it was real. Results so far are inconclusive.
Are we sure it's not a viral for a new movie a la:

(for Wanted)

128775669976738890.jpg

OK So I've read more about this now.

The source of what we're seeing is other videoclips - not any kind of direct visual output from the brain.

I.E. the electrical activity within the brain reacted in the same way when the viewer saw clip #1435, #1534, #9978, and #4567 from our videobank, so therefor the image they have in their brain must be like this, so let's mash together these 4 clips and call *that* what the brain is thinking of.

OK So I've read more about this now.

The source of what we're seeing is other videoclips - not any kind of direct visual output from the brain.

I.E. the electrical activity within the brain reacted in the same way when the viewer saw clip #1435, #1534, #9978, and #4567 from our videobank, so therefor the image they have in their brain must be like this, so let's mash together these 4 clips and call *that* what the brain is thinking of.
surprisingly accurate, although it's measuring optical response not thought processes, right?

Here's 38. The top is a reply to the bottom I think. "It was ye dat started all dis internet shit, de compuhers". It may be easier to understand this way. Also, just to note Big Joe's Davy predicts this being posted on Thumped at 1.24.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back