Bored in Work 201 (1 Viewer)

I can't JCBelieve this picture.

6-Climbing6.jpg

talkinglama said:
http://www.helpwinthisbet.com/

silly, silly girl :) she deserves to loose the bet....

johnnystress said:
this did the rounds last month, and he got all the hits. Now the counter is reset..

- is it an ad for something?

:confused:

According to http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=helpwinthisbet.com:

Record created on 04-06-2006
which is odd, considering he says
March 14, 2006 - Okay, here we go. Please forward to as many people as possible!

March 28, 2006 - Update: I just reached 1,000 hits! Please keep forwarding to your friends!

April 5, 2006 10:30 AM - Whoa, looks like the ball has started rolling. I just reached the 10,000 mark.
so "Dan" managed to get 10,000 hits before the domain was even registered? Right.... something is amiss.

So let's see.... the name servers used for that domain are NS0.LETSMEETUP.INFO & NS1.LETSMEETUP.INFO

Who is letsmeetup.info registered to? Well well, it's
Registrant Name:Kevin Hanson
who, coincidentally enough, is the same person who registered helpwinthisbet.com

And what does letsmeetup.info link to? Why, it's AmateurMatch, "The Sexiest Adult Dating Community"

Here's what I think is going on:

Kevin makes up the above story about "Dan", and registers a suitable domain name. Kevin then gets shitloads of other sites to link to this new domain, courtesy of old fashioned internet viral marketing, and waits while his new site rise up the Google indexes. Kevin spots he's about to reach 2,000,000 hits, decides it's not moving up the results pages quick enough, and resets the counter and keeps on trucking.

Eventually, he switches the domain to point at his dating site (which of course where he will have "found" his trois for the menage).

Kevin now has shitloads of Google page rank for the domain, courtesy of the thousands of sites still linking to it, guaranteeing his place near the top of the results pages on Google when people search for "adult dating" or similar.

A very good marketing plan indeed.

pete said:
According to http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=helpwinthisbet.com:

which is odd, considering he says
so "Dan" managed to get 10,000 hits before the domain was even registered? Right.... something is amiss.

So let's see.... the name servers used for that domain are NS0.LETSMEETUP.INFO & NS1.LETSMEETUP.INFO

Who is letsmeetup.info registered to? Well well, it'swho, coincidentally enough, is the same person who registered helpwinthisbet.com

And what does letsmeetup.info link to? Why, it's AmateurMatch, "The Sexiest Adult Dating Community"

Here's what I think is going on:

Kevin makes up the above story about "Dan", and registers a suitable domain name. Kevin then gets shitloads of other sites to link to this new domain, courtesy of old fashioned internet viral marketing, and waits while his new site rise up the Google indexes. Kevin spots he's about to reach 2,000,000 hits, decides it's not moving up the results pages quick enough, and resets the counter and keeps on trucking.

Eventually, he switches the domain to point at his dating site (which of course where he will have "found" his trois for the menage).

Kevin now has shitloads of Google page rank for the domain, courtesy of the thousands of sites still linking to it, guaranteeing his place near the top of the results pages on Google when people search for "adult dating" or similar.

A very good marketing plan indeed.
holy macarena thats right batman!

We Built this City

On Rock an' Roll

Say you don't know me, or recognize my face
Say you don't care who goes to that kind of place
Knee deep in the hoopla, sinking in your fight
Too many runaways eating up the night

Marconi plays the mamba, listen to the radio, don't you remember
We built this city, we built this city on rock an' roll

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back