bomb scare in the airport (1 Viewer)

I saw the Bomb disposal unit flying out of Cathal Brugha barracks at about 2.15 there, with guards and all. It was exciting. Thanks guyz

seanc said:
Great! I'm gonna run out to the barracks and look at the army men coming back.
for some reason this gave me an uncontrollable urge to send you a myspace friend request.

wooly jumper.
kerry accent.

GAWD.

By Mary Regan
“I HAVE a bomb, I have a bomb, everybody get out, I have a bomb” — these are the words that caused widespread panic among thousands of air travellers and brought Dublin Airport to a standstill yesterday.

“I HAVE a bomb, I have a bomb, everybody get out, I have a bomb” — these are the words that caused widespread panic among thousands of air travellers and brought Dublin Airport to a standstill yesterday.

The man, in his mid to late forties, with grey hair and a Kerry accent, said he was a member of Al Qaida — but all he had in the bag supposedly containing a bomb was a pair of socks, glasses and a woolly jumper.

He made the threats just before two o’clock yesterday afternoon and was immediately taken away by Airport Police.

Eyewitness, Kevin Mulligan (35) from Dublin said: “They just hand cuffed him and rushed him out of the airport as fast as they could. At that stage there was a lot of commotion. He started shouting ‘take your hands off me, take your hands off me, there’s another bomb in the building’, while they were dragging him out. The guards just covered his mouth, held his hands behind his back and pulled him out.”

Sinead Coffey (22) was waiting to collect 30 Italian students, and was just two metres away from the man when he made his threats: “We just legged it for the door and everybody was doing the same, children were crying it was terrible, complete panic,” said Ms Coffey.

As the Dublin Airport Authority put their “Red Alert” procedure into operation, and the Army Bomb Disposal Unit searched for the other bomb, about 2,000 people stood outside in the rain.

Pierce O’ Callaghan and his girlfriend Tamara O’Driscoll, from Dublin, were travelling to Munich to attend tonight’s night’s World Cup Semi Final: “There’s nothing you can do about it. Luckily we won’t miss the match,” said Mr O’Callaghan.

At about half past three, an announcement was made for all staff to re-enter the building. Crowds queuing to check-in soon spilled onto the set down area for cars and taxis.

Bryan Keany was one of the many people angry with the arrangement: “This is totally inadequate for personal safety reasons, we have two young children standing on the road and we’ve got traffic going at some speed. If there is a further security scare, what plans would be in place to get all of these people evacuated,” he said.

It's happening again a 'suspect device' was found in the airport this morning and the place has been evacuated. The traffic is at a stand still all around the airport and will be for a long time

Inflammable material is planted in my head
It's a suspect device that's left 2000 dead
Their solutions are our problems
They put up the wall
On each side time and prime us
And make sure we get fuck all
They play their games of power
They mark and cut the pack
They deal us to the bottom
But what do they put back?

(Chorus:)
Don't believe them
Don't believe them
Don't be bitten twice
you gotta suss, suss, suss, suss, suss out
Suss suspect device

They take away our freedom
In the name of liberty
Why don't they all just clear off
Why won't they let us be
They make us feel indebted
For saving us from hell
And then they put us through it
It's time the bastards fell

(Chorus)

Don't believe them
Don't believe them
Question everything you're told
Just take a look around you
At the bitterness and spite
Why can't we take over and try to put it right

(Chorus)

We're a suspect device if we do what we are told
But a suspect device can score an own goal
I'm a suspect device the Army can't defuse
You're a suspect device they know they can't refuse
We're gonna blow up in their face

i bet there's some douchebag out there going "shit! I knew i left something behind at the airport when i went to the vending machine to get a light refreshment"

idiots.

Vinnie said:
Early reports say that it's Cat Stevens in a tank.
that's right, spread the fucking hate. Jesus*, maybe if we could erradicate this kind of ignorance the human fucking race would have a chance.

*or allah, whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back