bohs punks festival awards- liege 2002 (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
after much delay caused by serious damage to my health done by my inability to say " i have had enough" at said festival, here are the votes of the king of the sad people jury.

Best Performance of the weekend award:
1) La Fraction
2) Reveloutionary Toys
3) Fleas and Lice

Best music of the weekend award:
1) La fraction
2) scatha

Worst performance and music of the weekend award
1) Puget sound unplugged playing guns and roses songs on a park bench.

The if only he'd been navigating for the Germany Army in WW2 there'd have been no need to rebuild Belgium award:
Weeler for leading a group of us out onto the motorway to luxembourg at 5.00 in the mornign with the assurances that he knew where the gaff was.

The most punk points ever award:
That belgium bloke who looked as far from being a punk as is possible that I accosted just as he was going into his house beside the luxembourg motorway who somehow decided he would give these irish completely lost drunk and stoned punks a lift in his BMW all the way to their door at five o clock in the morning--top man whoever the fuck he was.

The Beautiful South Rotterdam 7 inch "this could be liverpool or rome, dublin is everywhere, everywhere I roam" Award:
To the GANG of irish punks to be seen falling around th ecity of liege, these days you'd be afraid to go on your honeymoon in Benidorm for fear that half od dublin will be having a session in the bridal suite shower

Top cosmoplitan punk on the irish scene award:
Clodagh for such lines as " Pardon, ou est le falafel shop, mister?"

The it's always the quiet ones award:
JW for his tales from staying in the german free love hippy commune

The Hannibal Lecter "see me eat the face off my new partner" award:

Pierre from fleas and lice for demonstrating why dutch kissing never quite caught on the way french kissing did.

The not quite richard branson award for rising the price of your zine cause it costs you money but then going to a festival and giving them all away to people for nothing award:
Eric Cotton Fist

The maybe it's not such a bad thing there's not many women on the irish punk scene award:
them dangerous looking mob of crusty women dancing for hours to that disco music - scary.

the christ you've made me realise this is going to be four days of hell award:
glynn and lyncher and leslie for being still on the piss in the pub the punks wouldnt let close whatsoever at ten o clock on the morning after we got there.

The challenging the stereotypes of the irish as thick drunks while abroad award:
1. Byrnos for the classic pub quote: "how many days are there in the week?"
(eh, its seven byrnos, anyone know when the other lads from cheapskate are getting back?).

2. Teresa for " vous etes irish , you are wearing green??"
(note to get the full effect you need to imagine her to be on a train before we even got to the festival and be screaming VERY LOUDLY at two old belgian pensioners after two bottles of buckfast before breakfast. vote no, europe doesn't deserve to put up with that kind of shit, eh kids?)

The "if you done it at the warzone festival she'd kill you but it's a very different story when she's at your festival, so it is" award:
Leslie for having to have the toilet door in the aforementioned all night bar broken down so as she could be forcefully removed from a drunken sleep on the jacks.

The " i have heard the old punks tell their famous stories of being in hospital at sessions abroad, i must do this also as a step to being a punk celebrity" award:
Derenzy for supposedly having his arm broke in the pit.
(oh yeah, bet you he missed his leaving with a "broken" arm as well, eh kids? i reckon he paid the strange guy to do it).

The dont ask me how many gigs we are doing on the tour, ask one of the other band members award:
Puget sound --- all three of them.

the no surprise there then award:
Benjy from new ross for being sat in the bar in the airport with a pint and food in front of him after we waited hours for him in liege in the cold thinking he was lost.

the " do you want to know what a really heavy period would look like on your chips?" award:
the ketchup pourers of the chippers of liege.

the "mad, if this really exists maybe jesus did walk on the water" award
THAT pool table that was meant to have two pockets, 5 purple balls, 5 white balls 15 metal mushrooms on the table, oh and it's in a communist bar. thing is it was and it had (oh and it was shit.)

the it sounded good for a while award:
travelling round to all different festicals in europe all year round in vans til i heard them discussing who was goign to go and beg for diesel. oh and that crusy shouting " i can go anywhere, italy germany, france, just give me a lift was a bit of an advertisement for owning old scooters with no passenger helmets.

the your having me on, thats funny shit award:
the friendly man we met int he street who was going to bring us to his brothers greek restaurant for free food until he finally understood our attempts at saying" nous somme vegetarian" boy did he laugh at that one.

the them boys sure know how not to be succesful dope dealers award:
The belgian" i will not sell it to you, i will give it to you " heads.

The if only we weren't right on i'd say he is trying to be a groupie award:
Mark for THAT conversation with the singer from la fraction.

The man with the smile on hi sface award:
the strange guy, showing he is schizoprhenic when he's on the net, he's really a sweet boy.

big thanks to all the kildare, dublin, kilkenny, belfast, dublin and wexford punks for the company, bigger thanks again to all the people that worked at it.
more award nominations welcome

Liege

I'm still fucked. That was a hardcore weekend. Didn't help arriving and starting two days early either. Vague memories of drug fuelled conversations with confused foreigners and even more confused Irish people. If anybody in Liege finds my brain could they please e-mail it to me at this address.

yeah a medal for the french lad who told me to fuck to america you stupid prick not every thing evolves around your country.when i asked him if if paris was in canada.

?????

i was talking to the singer out of la fraction,hmmm,dear fuck i cant remember that.... the memory is fairly dazy,can remember talking to 2 blokes outta la fraction,but dutch skunk and a lotta booze and weeler bringing us to luxembourg was fucking hilarious.....
i cant believe we didnt get in the best distro award with our lets see wats in our pockets and set up a distro

Leslie for having to have the toilet door in the aforementioned all night bar broken down so as she could be forcefully removed from a drunken sleep on the jacks.

i thought that only happened to me . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back