BOB FEST 2013 - deadly line up (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
BOB fest is the bremen batth oakland fest and where we got the idea for the ggi fest, diy punk fest held between 3 places, their one happens sporadically , presumably due to distances but this years is in bath and looks deadly, megabus do real cheap buses to bristol from rosslare or train and boat form dublin is cheap

anyways loads of great bands and tonnes i never heard of, has the makings of a great road trip if anyones game

BATH B.O.B. 2013
March 27th - April 1st 2013
We are back in BATH !!! The organisation is going well and the organisation committee have been working hard, with an abundance of Fundraising shows going on.

The provisional timetable thus far is:

Thurs 28th March - Green Park Tavern, (opening night show) featuring: Citizen Fish, The Blunders, Drongos for Europe, Kill Van Helsing, Drecktones, Game-... over-you, Lose

Fri 29th March - Komedia , featuring: Subhumans, Slime, Christ on parade, Krass Kepala, Kicker, Moses, Seven Crowns, Scheisse Minelli, Divvys

Sat 30th March - Green Park Tavern, featuring: Restarts, Fracas, The Setbacks, Nitrus-oxide-Wrestling-Club, Sworn Liars, Smeagols band, Grannie (TBC: maybe an additional stage on this night)

Sun 31st March - Green Park Tavern, featuring: WWK, Hammerlock, Undead Boys, The Twots, Green Guns, George and Ron

Mon 1st April - Green Park Tavern, featuring: Smart Pils, Onanism,Cheaterslicks,Bill Collins, Sonic-Reducer-Karaoke-band, Yankee Sandwich,The Whoosie-Wotsits

just booked for this with megabus from rosslare to bristol, weds night ferry - monday night ferry - 3 euro 22 cent return - some mad bargains on megabus

Great first night at BOB fest, really similar atmosphere to GGI. Felt like I’d gatecrashed a wedding at the start as the “everyone knows each other” first night meet and greet and enormous “oh my god I haven’t seen you in two years” bear hugs session went on around me so had to go off and drink a load of Sainsburys own brand rum and coffees in the hotel to get in the swing of it

This worked surprisingly enough and I was able to do my usual “introduce yourself to everyone in the room” drunk routine.

Great fun people watching – picking out who is the BOB version of all the characters who haunt the GGI – “your man is the Oakland Robbie, there’s the Bremen version of Caroline etc” and met lots of really friendly folk.

Bulletridden and Citizen Fish were great, Bulletridden in particlar, The Blunders were the best “band I’d never heard of before”, really good and loads of people know Denzil and Brayo and Val – no surprise there.

Discussed the GGI and how we ripped off the concept from the BOB fest which people seemed to think was a great spin off / unexpected outcome of their fest.

Raised the possibility of having a joint BOB and GGI fest at some stage in the future – now that would be a piss up – and we would get to call it the Bremen Ireland Groningen Glasgow Oakland bath fest or BIG GOB fest for short – you heard that name here first!

Slime, the Mob, Kicker and Subhmans tonight – how bad! Anyway enough of this hangover meandering………..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back