pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
Starts 8th September

Following his battle with Gyp Rosetti, Nucky makes a peace offering to Joe Masseria while working the odds with Arnold Rothstein. While Chalky is busy running the Onyx Club on the Boardwalk, the impulsive Dunn Purnsley clashes with a booking agent. Fresh-faced Federal Agent Warren Knox arrives in Atlantic City to learn the ropes from Agent Sawicki. Gillian seeks custody of her grandson, Tommy, while trying to find a “good” man to keep the Artemis Club afloat. Eli’s college-age son, Willie, turns to Nucky for career advice. Al Capone enlists his brothers, Frank and Ralph, to help him expand his business in the Chicago suburb of Cicero. Richard Harrow returns to his violent ways.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

watched the 'behind the scenes' clip from last season finale too. had actually forgotten just how good it was.

Gonna miss Gyp.

I just finished Season 3 on Tuesday night!

PSYCHED to fuck for this.

Blows the shite out of every other show going

Got the sense during the first episode that all the best characters have been either killed (Jimmy, Gyp, Angela) or side-lined (AR, Alden). If they keep going this way they'll need to focus even more on Capone and take the Richard Harrow arc out of it's current tailspin because there's a whole lot of meh in between. Good to have it back all the same.

I got the impression that this season will focus on the rise of Capone – we’ve been introduced to his brothers in the first episode. I think Van Alden will be back. He’s working with O’Bannion now, isn’t he?

I got the impression that this season will focus on the rise of Capone – we’ve been introduced to his brothers in the first episode. I think Van Alden will be back. He’s working with O’Bannion now, isn’t he?
Yeah I can see that, hopefully it does. He seemed to be going that way alright. Although it's been pretty quiet on that front. In fairness to the show it must be tough to work around Michael Shannon's film and theatre duties. He keeps himself busy that lad.

Yeah, I loved it. Good to see Van Alden back. His little Frankenstein grunt after he brains someone with the kosh was great. Also, Eddie Kessler is one of my favourite characters so i hope he gets some more screen time this season. I'm not sure about Dr. Narcisse though. His character is a little bit campy.

Chalky will have murdered him by the end of the season. He somewhat reminded me of a less good Brother Mouzone in his mannerisms.
Yep, one of the weaker characters in the Wire and this guy is a third-rate version of that at best. They've been way too heavy handed with Chalkey's storyline which is a shame because it has so much promise.

Poor auld Eddie has lost the run of himself altogether.

I love that Dr.Narciissus lad..delighted him and Don Purnsley have teamed up!

I don't know if we need all these spoiler tags after the event?

I about cried when Eddie departed although it was obvious. I'd almost have preferred if he'd gone nuts on the fed or at least spent a few weeks supposing to inform on Nucky. I suppose one of the themes again is how Nucky poisons what he touches.

Best episode this season if not of the show so far.

Fuck. Poor Eddie. What a sad end for a brave, loyal man. The writers are bastards. They keep killing of my favourite characters!

I was genuinely gutted when it happened, telly doesn't get me that way very often. But it was probably a better way for him to go than Nucky killing him when he discovers that he's a rat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back