BNaziP on BBC (1 Viewer)

StreetSeen

Website
www.streetseennews.blogspot.com
BNP party broadcast is getting airtime on BBC

Please circulate URGENTLY and widely

Protest against the British National Party's party political broadcast and call on the BBC to pull the plug on race hatred

BBC1 and BBC2 are set to transmit the first party political broadcast by the BNP in the general election campaign on Thursday 21st April. The BBC is not obliged under the law to transmit the broadcast. There are precedents for restrictions being put on the fascist and racist BNP - its previous broadcasts were either stopped entirely or subject to severe restriction due to their offensive content. Wherever the BNP have a presence, racist attacks increase. Prominent members of the BNP including its leader Nick Griffin have recently been charged under the section 18 of the Public Order Act which outlaws incitement to racial hatred.

The UAF ad van which has been touring the country will be present with the slogan 'Pull the Plug on the fascist BNP'. A letter will be handed in, calling on the BBC to not to broadcast the BNP's message of race hate.

You can make a complaint...

By phoning the BBC: 08700 100 222
or Textphone: 08700 100 212
or by email: Go to the BBC website complaints page
http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/ and click on 'email: send your
complaint'

You can also write to the BBC:
BBC Complaints, PO Box 1922, Glasgow G2 3WT

You can complain to OFCOM on the content of the broadcast by emailing:
[email protected]

You can also call on the other broadcasters not to broadcast the BNP's
election material:

ITV: [email protected]
C4: [email protected]
C5: [email protected]

Please let us know the details of your complaint by cc'ing
[email protected]

For more information: www.uaf.org.uk

I think the BNP are a right shower of cunts, don't agree with anything they say but I do object to censoring them. If they are censored it will just make them seem more "victimised".

The british people are not thick, they are not all going to go out and vote for the BNP based on viewing one party political broadcast.

There isn't much of a difference to between the BNP and the Tories at the moment - both are spewing total bullshit about race, immigration and the eu. The Tories are a much more sinister threat in this election than one or two BNP lunatic mp's scattered around the country.

Just got this:

Thank you for your e-mail.

The BBC and other relevant broadcasters transmit Party Election Broadcasts where
registered and lawfully constituted political parties qualify under rules which are
agreed by and common to all broadcasters, and which are scrutinised by the Electoral
Commission. To qualify for a party election broadcast a political party must be
registered with the Electoral Commission as a lawfully constituted party. It must
contest at least one sixth of the seats in the relevant country and the proposed
broadcast must be lawful, comply with the BBC's codes on matters such as taste and
decency and must meet certain technical requirements.

The BNP is a lawful party which has met the threshold and, provided its proposed
broadcast meets the required standards, the BBC is obliged to broadcast it. In a
democratic society it is for Parliament to decide who can lawfully address the
electorate. The BBC plays no part in the editorial content of the broadcasts, but
these must comply with the law and with some other broadcasting regulations.

As a public service broadcaster the BBC is committed to impartiality in its
reporting of political issues. Freedom of expression is a very important democratic
right, especially within an election period. The inclusion of such Party Election
Broadcasts within our output under these rules is in no way an endorsement by the
BBC of the views of the parties concerned.

Thank you again for contacting us.

BBC Complaints Unit

I didn't see said broadcast. I wish I still had the BBC.

According to the verbwhores over on www.cookdandbombd.co.uk it was pretty laughable. I've copied and pasted my favourite comments on it for your viewing pleasure.

". It had this tramp wandering around London to a dodgy acoustic song along with some statistics about asylum seekers."

"It's extremely mawkish trying to tug the heart strings kind of stuff, with Griffin singing as we follow the homless ex-soldier around town in black and white. It is then capped off Griffin standing around in Halifax defending his right to tell the "truth"."

"Was filming a pissed up ex-squaddie dodging traffic the best way they could present their manifesto commitments? "

"That was bewildering.
And it looks like it was put together on an Amiga."

"That was shit!
Forget the fact it was terribly made, why was there no racism? Even UKIP had a fella in lederhosen running round ala Benny Hill (this in the Euros). No, that was just dull."

"They've got a point though, haven't they? If we see alcoholic ex-serviceman on the street, it's more than likely because of asylum seekers. If you actually think about it, if there weren't any asylum seekers then I think the world would be a better place, and alcoholics would be housed comfortably.
I'd go further and say that both Labour and the Tories are both deserving of shame for letting all those foreign chaps in.
Aside from the poignant issues it raised, I also thought it was a very well produced film, very professional, you can see that the BNP are well supported and indeed well-funded, because they've clearly thrown alot of money at their broadcasts. DV is the new 35mm after all.
For me, it will be a total injustice if they don't get into power soon after a broadcast like that. So many key issues were addressed, most of which have a direct influence on my life and the safety of my family in our England. "

"I feel slightly better now. That thing could only convince lunatics, and they can't vote anyway."

"Watching it again my favourite parts are when instead of 'serious' statistical information about Asylum they just flash up whatever lyrics have just been sung in the song instead.
And I've just realised....FROSTY! The bloke was called FROSTY FFS!!! "

"I hope the BFI keep a recording of it for future generations to enjoy. "

"I've just watched it, it seems to have been filmed round the back of my university! I also liked the line where he mentions white lightning. Shows that Nick Griffin's in touch with the common man.
I noticed at the end where he's doing the little speech that he flicks his hair up, just like Hitler used to do. He'd be proud!"

"It was so ridiculous, so laughably bad...I expected bad, but what I didn't expect was Nick Griffin strumming on his acoustic guitar (From National Front hoodlum to racism's Bob Dylan in a single step) while Rab C. Nesbitt stumbled around, doubtless shouting "GIZZA YER FUCKING MONEY Y'CUNT!"."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back