Blur (1 Viewer)

Favourite Blur LP

• Total voters
Hang about, the best of didn't include their best song*?? What a load of horseshit.

*Popscene, obviously.

Anyone read this ....
_39453369_lastparty_story203.jpg

Tis really good. Paints Damien Allbran as a real competitive arrogant little bastard. But John Harris also says that he was also probably the smartest of all his peers because he knew when it was time to move on and distance himself from the whole britpop scene.

I don't know i didn't have much interest in the brit pop end of blur, Blur and 13 remain my favourite, lots of cools noises, sounds and arrangements. Thought they were finished when Graham Coxon left but Think Tank was a nice surprise some great stuff on that album, love the video for good song.

Anyone read this ....
_39453369_lastparty_story203.jpg

Tis really good. Paints Damien Allbran as a real competitive arrogant little bastard. But John Harris also says that he was also probably the smartest of all his peers because he knew when it was time to move on and distance himself from the whole britpop scene.

I read that a while ago, it's a great book alright. Allbran was competitive alright it all started with his robbing of Brett Anderson's missus...

I'd also actually forgotten how big Elastica were when they came out and how shit Menswear were. Heroin and coke ruined that era of musical greatness :rolleyes:

Best Days, The Universal

not much else to like

Entertain Me, Globe Alone, He Thought of Cars, not to mention all the b-sides from that period

shurrup, that album is brilliant!

Anyway, where's the 'If Popscene was an album I would choose Popscene' option?

in the britpop era it had to be parklife - so many singles and great album tracks.
i never consider 13 to be Blur - it stands alone.
it took me the longest of all their albums to get into, yet it is still the one i will listen to years later (9 years?).
The Great Escape was very poor although it had some great singles. Country House is not as good as Roll With It in retrospect.

is that the last great rivalry in music? Particularly for two singles up against each other?

I read that a while ago, it's a great book alright. Allbran was competitive alright it all started with his robbing of Brett Anderson's missus...

I'd also actually forgotten how big Elastica were when they came out and how shit Menswear were. Heroin and coke ruined that era of musical greatness :rolleyes:

As it does with all scenes. :mad:

The fall of the roman empire - Heroin
Nazis, too much coke.....:p

Surprisingly (ha!) unpolled.

There's a strong case for Modern Life Is Rubbish being the best LP of the Brit Pop era. Although other people would probably say that such an accolade belongs to Leisure or The Great Escape.

Or Different Class if you didn't think Blur made the best album of that era.

is that the last great rivalry in music? Particularly for two singles up against each other?

Sophie Ellis Bextor and Posh Spice?
so in answer to your question: yes.

Popscene is on my 69 track Modern Life Is Rubbish CD.

the US one with When the Cows come Home and that weird mix of Chemical World? Yeah, that doesn't count.

Or Different Class if you didn't think Blur made the best album of that era.

Or Dog Man Star maybe.

I've never understand why Popscene has thhis rep as being a great lost single. I think its alright but they have other stuff I much prefer. I also think 13 is far far too patchy. Has some excellent tunes on it - particularly Battle, No Distance Left To Run.

My favourite is probably still Blur and even if it was all rubbish it would still have You're So Great on it - chooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!!!!

here, has anyone got the studio version of Never Clever?

i'd love to hear it plz, great song

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back