Bluetooth mic for phone? (1 Viewer)

Janer

Website
www.youtube.com
Happy enough with the video quality of my phone recording gigs but audio could be clearer, any one know about recommending a small bluetooth wireless mic?
My phone like most modern phones hasn't got an external jack I should add.

Happy enough with the video quality of my phone recording gigs but audio could be clearer, any one know about recommending a small bluetooth wireless mic?
My phone like most modern phones hasn't got an external jack I should add.
would a bluetooth microphone not cause latency/sync problems with the video?

yeah i have no experience with it but i know playback over a bluetooth soundbar connected to this here PC can be slightly off, so i'm assuming the same applies to recording

maybe a separate decent quality recording device that you could sync up with the video afterwards might be better @Janer?

See also

Whatever phone you have has a charging port, and that charging port will have an adapter on the market to plug a mic into that charging port.

Bluetooth isn't made for media, more it's been crowbarred in to media

I'm presume he would sync the audio and video tracks in post?
i probably have no idea what i'm talking about but I was just thinking it might be easier to sync a separate audio track than adjust what's recorded by the phone. you're likely right though.

edit: i'm thinking back to the shitty formats & compression on files generated by phones in olden times rather than a more modern device

edit: i'm thinking back to the shitty formats & compression on files generated by phones in olden times rather than a more modern device

Bluetooth has to compress audio to work in any case, so regardless of how modern the phone it'll be coming in just below mp3 quality, which is to say, less than 80% of the sound.

It also has to compete with every other bluetooth device (i.e. person) in the room (gig) to stream solidly.

It also does put some high frequency interference on audio gear like guitar cables and mixing desk type things.

So essentially it's 100% grand for headphones but if you want to document something that the audio is an important part of I'd avoid it.

Bluetooth has to compress audio to work in any case, so regardless of how modern the phone it'll be coming in just below mp3 quality, which is to say, less than 80% of the sound.

It also has to compete with every other bluetooth device (i.e. person) in the room (gig) to stream solidly.

It also does put some high frequency interference on audio gear like guitar cables and mixing desk type things.

So essentially it's 100% grand for headphones but if you want to document something that the audio is an important part of I'd avoid it.

It's only punk gigs so no massive loss like

A9BE7673-563B-4445-B6C0-AE1B728AEA67.png A9BE7673-563B-4445-B6C0-AE1B728AEA67.png

See also

Whatever phone you have has a charging port, and that charging port will have an adapter on the market to plug a mic into that charging port.

Bluetooth isn't made for media, more it's been crowbarred in to media
Yes I learned some more and ended up going for

Thanks for all replies. not got to test it yet and was thinking about the black flag gig next month but 2 things put me off, hate the venue Academy and 31e is 5 pints of cider :p

Yes I learned some more and ended up going for

Thanks for all replies. not got to test it yet and was thinking about the black flag gig next month but 2 things put me off, hate the venue Academy and 31e is 5 pints of cider :p

Black flag in 2023 is a much better reason to not go see black flag than those mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back