bluetip appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
I think bluetip were the last good band dischord released anything by. And before that it had been a long time since the last good one.

no way gary...
as well as q and not u....... black eyes, lungfush, antelope, el guapo, one last wish(reissue), nation of ulyssess(reissue) have all been released since bluetip.

never understood the bluetip fascination myself

Well q and not u were good for the first two records, but they went down hill on power. Big time.

swingkid said:
no way gary...
as well as q and not u....... black eyes, lungfush, antelope, el guapo, one last wish(reissue), nation of ulyssess(reissue) have all been released since bluetip.

i'll give you Lungfish,but they've been around forever at this stage. The only other good things have been reissues.

swingkid said:

Most people who like them listened to them for around six months thinking they're okay until one day it 'clicks'. At least I know several people that that happened to

I is John said:
Most people who like them listened to them for around six months thinking they're okay until one day it 'clicks'. At least I know several people that that happened to

I got the first 7" and was blown away. It was rock. I heard somewhere since that dischord nearly didn't wanna do the lp because it was too rock. I don't know if thta's true or not but it sounds like it coud be.

always wanted to hear that, is 'past tense' any different to the album version?

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
I got the first 7" and was blown away. It was rock. I heard somewhere since that dischord nearly didn't wanna do the lp because it was too rock. I don't know if thta's true or not but it sounds like it coud be.

Thats the wierd thing about them. They .|..| like a MF but they are really cerebral at the same time. Maybe its the whole cheap trick influence. i was into Bluetip so much at one stage I was always looking for Cheap Trick records. Still havent got any though.

It's a different version,but I don't remember the differences. Was it not on the last bluetip record? I thought the last one was singles and comp songs etc compiled together.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
It's a different version,but I don't remember the differences. Was it not on the last bluetip record? I thought the last one was singles and comp songs etc compiled together.

Had the b-side but not the a-side. Probably 'cos its on the album. Hardly worth worrying about

oh shit said:
was thinking about digging out 101 the other day. sound
not a fan of the evens then gary?

One or two ok songs but the only bits that sounded ok were the bits that it was obvious who was playing guitar. Sounded to me like it could've been ideas for Fugazi songs that never happenned.
Meh!!

the retisonic site has a video of bluetip as well loads of other stuff.
retisonic.com

the last call said:
Very underated band but i think any band that got labelled with the emo tag in the 90's is gonna have a problem.."

They got labelled as emo?!Never heard that myself.

Saw em with around 5 other people when they played limerick years ago.
They dedicated a song to the only guy that seemed interested, the drunk on the slot machine in the corner.

Great band alright.

Rimbaud said:
They got labelled as emo?!Never heard that myself.

Saw em with around 5 other people when they played limerick years ago.
They dedicated a song to the only guy that seemed interested, the drunk on the slot machine in the corner.

Great band alright.
they got labelled as well as loads of other bands.I remember when i bought their first album, rocket from the crypt,ATDI,stanford prison experiment,jawbreaker,fugazi were being labelled as emo.Ridiculous!That was back when emo was only a buzzword to replace hardcore/melodic/Xedge type music that didn't fit in with easy brackets.Ah,melancholy,it didn't mean crap haircuts,bullet belts and lack of personality back then

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back