Blisters (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter jane
  • Start date
  • Replies 57
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 0
seanc said:
Don't ever buy those cheap shoes outta Tylers

Rory Sheehy shoes in Ballybrack were notorious for flogging such toe cutters.

I got a pair of slip on betassled shoes for my confirmation in 1986 from Rory Sheehys. I thought they looked quite smart when i tried them on in the shop but a half hour into the ceremony it started to hurt. I limped into Blakes of Stillorgan a few hours later and by the time my knickerbocker glory arrived i had ditched them and i was in my socks.

c0De_n1NjA said:
groβ, growse, grosse, etc

grouse?

Red%20Grouse.jpg

Lefty Frizzell said:
Rory Sheehy shoes in Ballybrack were notorious for flogging such toe cutters.

I got a pair of slip on betassled shoes for my confirmation in 1986 from Rory Sheehys. I thought they looked quite smart when i tried them on in the shop but a half hour into the ceremony it started to hurt. I limped into Blakes of Stillorgan a few hours later and by the time my knickerbocker glory arrived i had ditched them and i was in my socks.

Blakes !!!!! It used to be our biggest treat to go there :)
I had my 9th surprise birthay party there cos we had just moved to Dublin and I had no friends :rolleyes:

coraline said:
Blakes !!!!! It used to be our biggest treat to go there :)
I had my 9th surprise birthay party there cos we had just moved to Dublin and I had no friends :rolleyes:

hehe us too. Blakes and De Selby's (in sandycove)
ha.

La La said:
i thought so. i figured i wasn't the only one. i just didnt feel comfortable about being open about my love for scab-picking. luckily i havent had a scab in about 2 years. my best friend smashed her face snowboarding and it resulted in a huge scab, right on her chin. she ended up picking it off. i knew she wouldnt be able to resist.

a guy in primary school arbitrarily started frotting his chin with the flat of a wooden ruler for a solid half hour, resulting in a massive scab that covered his whole chin for weeks. When it finally healed (postpick, of course) , he did it again. His chin still looks raw and a slightly different shade of colour than the rest of his face.ten years later.

serious post alert...get rubbing (pure) alcohol and rub it in to areas which get blisters often. works wonders. also, bathing the area in very salty warm water helps.

Brian Conniffe said:
serious post alert...get rubbing (pure) alcohol and rub it in to areas which get blisters often. works wonders. also, bathing the area in very salty warm water helps.

Really? That's awesome. Wait til Anne OMalley sees me performing my ablutions for my next long run. He'll be even more freaked out than the first time he saw me with a heap of Jolen on my face.

Not as freaked out as the time I cleaned out a nasty hairbrush and hairsprayed the glob of hair into the shape of a handlebar moustache and greeted him when he returned from the shop with it taped to my face.

Actually, I lied. He didn't freak out. He just took pictures.

i had an accident with boiling water after christmas and had the biggest ugliest blisters on my hands. the relief when the nurse burst them in the hospital was practically sexual. they kept filling back up tho..bleedin hideous stuff.then when they dried....oh god...i won't go on..

I can't help but think of Spike Milligan while reading the last bit of this thread. From approximately sugar_referee onwards.

approximately sugar_referee. Hmmm.

I'm just going to tell myself I was the inspiration for it and hope I believe it. I'm a good liar, so I do.

I think Ill go to my bed now.

And maybe read spike mulligans 'frankenstein' again.

La La said:
everytime i have one i mouth the words "cop on lala, you're not a scabby-kneed five year old anymore"

i miss those daze.

......so i won't go into the drunken falling down circumstances, but basically, i now have a scab forming on my knee.

it's at that stage before it gets picky and itchy. right now it's just ouchy and bothering the fuck outta me.

bring on the picky stage, says I.

As someone who works with a soldering iron regularly.. I can tell ya the best cure for a blister is to press hard on the area as soon as you realise you're burned.. cos then it doesn't appear to blister at all!

Speaking of gettin them tho - also as someone who works with a soldering iron - I've burned everything from my ear to my back. The iron is NOT a pen, and no matter how long you hold it you must NEVER forget that.

Also - chewing it is VERY BAD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back