• Thread starter jane
  • Start date
  • Replies 57
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 0

jane

Website
www.ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com
I have a blister forming in my navel from running yesterday, and another started to form under my arm. I forgot how cotton clothing can chafe, and I wasn't fast enough taking my top off and running in my sportsbra. And me running in a sportsbra isn't good for the community, as there is a real danger of my own belly flying up and whacking me in the face.

But this brings me to the question: where's the most embarrassing place you ever got a blister?

Ever had ones between your buttcheeks?

Well theres the old - try and take a fag out of your mouth and it gets stuck to your lips and you burn your finger - chestnut.

Since about 1998 i've had strange bi-annual blister recurrances. Literally overnight the palms of my hands feel pins and needley when i touch them and i break out in a rash of tiny tiny blisters. It looks like i've been playing with fibre glass. Then after a week or so i shed a full layer of skin off the palms of my hands.

I ran this by a dermotolgist some years ago and he was stumped.

when the weather cools and i switch over from flip flops to cons, i always get blisters for the first week; even if they're my old ones.

speaking of shoes, the main blister causers are docs and cons. and boy to they grate.

as a child i used to love popping them with a pin and watching the water stuff ooze out :eek:

La La said:
when the weather cools and i switch over from flip flops to cons, i always get blisters for the first week; even if they're my old ones.

speaking of shoes, the main blister causers are docs and cons. and boy to they grate.

as a child i used to love popping them with a pin and watching the water stuff ooze out :eek:

When the weather gets warm, and I start wearing summery shoes, that's when Blister City settles on my feet.

But oh, I'm remembering now that I used to get the most incredible blisters in really icky places. Mostly it was just chafing, but sometimes there'd be little blisters, too. Like on my chest, from my sportsbra, and I have actually had blisters between my buttcheeks. They might sound like a party for your ass, but I'll tell you what: they're not.

Currently, I just have one nasty one on my big toe from some sandals, and this tiny one in my belly button, which is actually pretty sore.

I just get them on my feet from wearing vertiginous and ridiculously uncomfortable shoes. Do burn blisters count?

Lefty Frizzell said:
Does anyone have any blister recipes? It seems a shame to waste the fluid inside them.

Blister Martini:

2 parts gin
1/2 part vermouth
1 olive
1 part blister juice

Place all ingredients into cocktail shaker with ice, shake vigorously, and strain into martini glasses. Serve with crisps made from dried up man milk.

I burned my arm on the oven shelf a couple of years ago and got me a big long blister which was really bloody sore. As I got out of the shower the next day I was drying myself and accidentally rubbed the towel across the huge massive blister, thus ripping all the skin off and releasing the blister juice. My arm then looked like it had grown a vagina and I AM SCARRED TO THIS DAY.

jane said:
Can you actually resist bursting them?

kirstie said:
I burned my arm on the oven shelf a couple of years ago and got me a big long blister which was really bloody sore. As I got out of the shower the next day I was drying myself and accidentally rubbed the towel across the huge massive blister, thus ripping all the skin off and releasing the blister juice. My arm then looked like it had grown a vagina and I AM SCARRED TO THIS DAY.

But you have a spare gash! That's brilliant!

Actually, though -- ick. That sounds pretty rotten.

gimme 5

FA-Blister.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back