Bleedin Habitat (1 Viewer)

Daisy's Dukes

So, yes I am very sorry for the people who have lost their jobs and their closure in Ireland is a worrying development but first and foremost I'm most concerned about being out of pocket for funriture I have paid for in full and not yet received!!

Anyone know anything about voluntary liquidation and how the customer fairs in all this? I'm guessing that suppliers get paid off first and us poor bastards who FELL IN LOVE with a table get nada. We're in the middle of renovating a house and could really do without losing this money. I have heard that because I paid by credit card I may be covered for some or all of the money. Anyone know?

from saturday's irish times:

"We are working closely with Habitat UK Ltd to determine the extent to which customers will be affected by this unfortunate situation, and Habitat UK Ltd will be investigating all options available.
"We deeply regret any inconvenience that this may cause to our customers and we appreciate their patience and understanding at this difficult time," said the firm.
Conai Designs, which reported a pretax loss of €33,645 in the year to March 2007, is understood to have attributed its difficulties to "slow sales and high costs".
The Dublin store, refurbished in 2005 at a cost of €2.5 million, commands an annual rent of some €1.3 million for Clarendon Properties, a firm in which developer Paddy McKillen is a big investor.
Conai Designs said any customer with an outstanding order will be formally notified in due course.
It added that any provisional orders placed for which no payment has been taken "will now not be processed and any payment details destroyed".
It provided two e-mail addresses for customers with enquiries: [email protected] and [email protected]

from the sunday business post:

The accounts show that, while gross profit at the two Habitat stores in Dublin and Galway grew from€4.3million in 2006 to €4.8 million last year, the underlying performance was not as strong.

After taking account of administrative expenses of over €5 million, the company’s bottom line dipped into the red, reporting a pre-tax loss of €33,000.

According to the accounts, Conai Designs is owned by Malcolm Brighton and his business partner Malcolm Curzon, to whom Brighton transferred a small stake in the business last August.

The accounts also show that together they received consultancy fees from the company totalling €320,000 last year.

I'm so glad I got out of the furniture business when I did. Wonder how long the rest of the higher end shops will last.

My sister opened an interiors shop last year. Not doing well. We are facing into some kind of interior decoration nuclear winter.

Is there definitely no closing down sale? I'm in the market for a new table. There was still loadsa stock when walked by today. I love bargains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back