Blanchardstown Centre = Depressing (1 Viewer)

I like the Pavillons in Swords. Its easy in and out. Santry is good too in omni but doesnt have a whole pile of shops. Blanchardstown in a nightmare. I went out last year to buy one specific present and it took 45 mins to find a parking space

haven't done charlestown either,good call.stillorgan has one but its like blackrock in that it has no roof.architects were obviously thinking of california or somewhere when designing them :rolleyes:

Someone told me UCD was designed in such a way as to keep the sun out. The architect used live on Church Road in Killiney but he died before I could get up to punch him on the nose.

Someone told me UCD was designed in such a way as to keep the sun out. The architect used live on Church Road in Killiney but he died before I could get up to punch him on the nose.
I was told it was designed so that it'd be hard to riot properly, makes sense with the narrow parts and steps that never seem to be the same hight.
Never been there sober though, so it might not really be like that.

I was told it was designed so that it'd be hard to riot properly, makes sense with the narrow parts and steps that never seem to be the same hight.
Never been there sober though, so it might not really be like that.

Well I heard the lake was put there in response to the 1968 student riots in Paris so UCD students couldn't assemble in that area and follow suit.

Crumlin Shopping Centre is possibly the worst place in the world.

The Ashleaf is a tidy little place, great for parking when you need to either go to the bank or do something else in the area.

Of the mega centres, Dundrum is undoubtedly the best and least taxing on the nerves. Sorry Dundrummers.

I only had to go up there to the bleedin post office cos the one in the village had its system down or somesuch. Jesus, Blanchardstown Centre is a miserable, soulless hole of a place. Do any of you actually like it? Or any other big shopping centre complexes? I find them irredeemably soul destroying and avoid them if possible.

It's a big, clean shopping centre. You take the roof off and it's no different from being in town. What kind of magical experience are you looking for from a shopping centre? :)
First world problems! :rolleyes:

It's a big, clean shopping centre. You take the roof off and it's no different from being in town. What kind of magical experience are you looking for from a shopping centre? :)
First world problems! :rolleyes:

Eh, I don't know. I don't frequent shopping centres really. I think, for example, Henry St. or Grafton St. has a much more pleasant athmosphere than any shopping centre I've been in. It might just be the fresh air or the sense that you're in a public place rather than a corporate one, if that makes sense. Granted the shops are exactly the same but the street still seems more interesting than that place in Blanch imho.

It is a first world problem. Prosperity, materiality, without any spirituality or purpose makes for ennui, depression in some people. Is this what all of human civilisation was building up to? Cookies with your name on it? I prefer the cookies to not having cookies but still it just all seems a bit lame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back