blah blah..Amebix..blah blah..reunion..blah.. (2 Viewers)

i vaguely remember watchin some documentary, maybe it was the day the country died, but there was an interview with someone from amebix sayin that they were never mad into the diy buzz. i may be wrong?

No, but at the same time didn't expect them to try and milk as much cash as they could because of who they were in the 80s i.e. a DIY band with a determined sort of message. To me going through the major circuit is a contradiction to whom they were in the 80s.

In this way they baiscally have become an expensive cover band of themselves.
The 80's were 20 years ago, why would somebody want to stagnate/hibernate for 20 years?

Neurosis play,charge 20 bills and eveyone comes in their cacks.Amebix do the same and they are the embodiment of evil western capitalism.what would 20 quid get ya? 3 pints of shit beer down the pub? Theres a real world out there.

Yes, but there is a difference between going on about being a bunch of anarchists and living in squats and then come out of the woodwork 20 years after because they smell green.

Yes, but there is a difference between going on about being a bunch of anarchists and living in squats and then come out of the woodwork 20 years after because they smell green.

FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amebix were never about smashing capitalism while promoting an anarcho utopia!!!!!!!! They were leather jacket wearing, Motorhead listening, chopper riding motherfukkers!!!!!!!!!! It was never about the politics, ever!!!!!!!!!!

So, to reiterate....FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0021.gif

Fuck's sake, you're not allowed to give out about a band's 'change in direction' if you
weren't around the first time. If I was in Amebix I'd have tried to get on to Celebrity
Big Brother to promote my new tour. These lads undoubtedly have mortgages to pay,
hundreds of children to support and mates to pay back after decades of scabbing.
Who are you to deny them that?
Money isn't evil. It buys you necessary shit and deadly shit. If you disagree then
please throw out your computer which was bought with money and then fuck off back
to college which is paid for with money.

Well how come they didn't smell the green 20 years ago? Because they weren't overly interested in politics at all just drink and drugs like most of us living in the uk at the time...

They were abunch of speedfreak,glue sniffing,homebrew chugging chancers!!!
20 euro? You know what I do with 20 euro? I wipe my arse with 20 euro!

kaltkrieg said:
They were abunch of speedfreak,glue sniffing,homebrew chugging chancers!!!
20 euro? You know what I do with 20 euro? I wipe my arse with 20 euro!
It's got very little grip though.
I prefer a €2 coin scraped at a right angle against the ring, ploughing all debris down.
You can use it again after a short rinse, unlike a bank note.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back