BLACK COUGAR SHOCK UNIT need one more gig!!! (1 Viewer)

Monk Dave

The Galway gig for BLACK COUGAR SHOCK UNIT's jaunt to Ireland has fallen through, so if anyone can help fill that gap (preferably south of Dublin, as we'll be en route to the ferry) that would help a lot. We just spent 250 quid on ferry tickets, which SUCKS if the band only has two gigs over there, and a day off will suck even more. The date we need for them is Friday, 7th October.

The band is from Atlanta, USA and is "punk as fuck". They feature ex-members of PANTHRO UK UNITED 13 (No Idea Records), HOUSE ON FIRE and more. This is the second time they've been to the UK, first time over to Ireland.

if you want to hear them, there's MP3's here : http://www.thenewestindustry.com

There's an interview with them from AMP Magazine here :
http://d1489577.u45.websitesource.net/interview_black%20couger_34.html

If you can help, please PM me or something.

Cheers, Dave.

PS. they are playing Belfast on the 5th and Dublin on the 6th.

There's a chance they could maybe play with Zombina & The Skeletones and The Dangerfields in Derry that night. I'm just sorting the show now. Email me if you're interested...

Hi Andrew, thanks for the offer - I am just working out driving distances, as we are leaving from the south on a ferry at 9am! I'll get back to you!

2 cool 2 dance said:
the venue owner in galway is a gone bit fussy about giving us weekend nights. bit of a pain. really wish i could help

he's a total bollox! he has no problem giving groom the place for tonight but he'll us to fuck off. if it wasnt for the gigs dan and myself put on up there no one would even know the place exisited. im finished up there. might be doing stuff in de'burgos from now on. i can only get mon tue or wed in there though. i can get sundays in roisin dubh. im taking bookings from december onwards for roisin dubh and il need about 6 weeks notice for de'burgos so if any of ye are heading this way gimme a shout or give dan a shout for thur nights in richardsons. peace out. :)

Napalm said:
you were over at the all dayer. get any video? pity about the turnout.
Yep was at the all dayer. Frankie Stubbs was amazing as were black cougar. There were 3 people filming it and it may all come out on DVD sometime. Only about 100 people there which is a real shame.

Conor,

I think there was a mix up with the last gig but they are travelling up from Cork to catch the ferry back at Rosslare. I'd say they'd be chuffed to have a place that night.

bohs punks said:
i offered to put these up on way to ferry but have heard nothing since, any ideas anyone if they still need place to stay?

I hope someone can put these guys on! We played with them and Four Letter Word last night in Brighton and they blew us away, real fast and dark and they do a Naked Raygun cover!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back