Black and White Film Suggestions/Recommendations. (1 Viewer)

Space

is deep
Supporter
Solutions
Gonna shoot some film again so need to stock up, looking for something in the range of at least 800 up to 1600 in 35mm. Been about six years since I've used film so not sure what's worth getting and what's cheap.

Was a fan of Neopan back in the day so probably try get some of that in 1600 but I'd like to hear what people here suggest.

Cheers.

I use Neopan 400 all the time because it's really good and its cheap. Never used the 1600 but by all accounts it's the business as well. However, someone told me the other day that they had stopped making it (the 400 that is) .... haven't bought any in a few months so not sure if this is true or not.

I use Neopan 400 all the time because it's really good and its cheap. Never used the 1600 but by all accounts it's the business as well. However, someone told me the other day that they had stopped making it (the 400 that is) .... haven't bought any in a few months so not sure if this is true or not.

I just bought some in Gunns the other day. 400 that is.

Think it's only in Japan that you can't get in anymore.

neopan1600 dev'd in ilford ilfosol s -amazingly un-grainy combo - an example below (actually printed to push the contrast)
pub.jpg

the day they stop making neopan is the day I finally stop shooting film. i love that stuff!!

gunns use rodinal to develop their b&w, which gives contrasty results with neopan.

my stock of 35mm b&w at the moment consists almost entirely of pan f 50 and delta 3200 - i fucking love the 3200. great for portraits - it's flattering on skin tones. plus, it's more forgiving on focus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back