bitching and gossiping in the workplace. (2 Viewers)

i was bitching today in work about people in payroll.

not something id usually do but i got totally shafted wages wise this month (fucked up my hours and wasnt paid overtime)
when i confronted them i got this "well we checked and we couldnt find any discrepancies but if there is we'll get them to you next month"

fuck heads.

nowt quite like a good bitch though to make ye feel better.

i honestly don't think there's a workplace that doesn't have some element of bitchiness. where i work there's about 200+ on our floor and the gossip spreads like wildfire. more often than not it's carried out through the medium of MSN, which everyone has. the worst is when people have been talking about someone to someone else..................but they send the message to the person they're bitching about. terrible.

Sorry to hear it Donagh. I find it awkward and embarassing when someone in work starts to bitch to me about someone else, even if I feel the same way as them. Mind you it rarely happens so if it does I just change the conversation or scurry away feigning business.

Yous have team meetings or external supervision or anything similar? If people have opportunities to air their shit in a group setting or an independent one-to-one, they don't really have any excuse to bitch. But then some people just enjoy the bitching buzz I suppose.

ibut they send the message to the person they're bitching about. terrible.

That happened in my last job. I was working in an admin office with 2 women for a couple of years who I thought I got along okay with. One of them, the office manager, was a bit of a wagon at times and moody, but I thought things were fine. Then one day I get an email from her that she meant to send to the other one in the office saying some rather nasty and unsavoury things about me.

Needless to say I quit within a week, after I had found another job. The employer (an architect) did nothing about it and suggested I was far too sensitive and needed to take things less personally. True, I suppose, but when you find out people have been saying mean stuff about you for years when you thought you were getting on fine, it's very personal.

Fucktard architect cunts.

woah that's shit. good thing you got outta there. i think architects were mentioned in that thread of who you'd ban from a party.

it happened to me once, but the other way around. the girl who sits opposite me takes personal calls all fucking day long, and discusses her friends' woes and boyfriend trouble so loudly to the point that that the whole fucking section probably knows what knickers her friends are wearing each day.
so one day i meant to send an msn to my colleague saying something along the lines of "i wish she's stop droning on with her mates about shite all day long etc"

but i sent it to her. the backtracking i made was cringeworthy. still, i think i had a valid point, but she still goes on and on on the phone.

That happened in my last job. I was working in an admin office with 2 women for a couple of years who I thought I got along okay with. One of them, the office manager, was a bit of a wagon at times and moody, but I thought things were fine. Then one day I get an email from her that she meant to send to the other one in the office saying some rather nasty and unsavoury things about me.

Needless to say I quit within a week, after I had found another job. The employer (an architect) did nothing about it and suggested I was far too sensitive and needed to take things less personally. True, I suppose, but when you find out people have been saying mean stuff about you for years when you thought you were getting on fine, it's very personal.

Fucktard architect cunts.

Yeah, LaLa...I was involved in that thread. I'd sooner bend over for Twink than have an architect at a party I was throwing.

She obviously didn't get the point if she still goes on and on...you must have been morto tho! What my manager put in the email was just nastiness and had nothing to do with me or the way I do my job. She was a right sour bint that one.

Yeah, LaLa...I was involved in that thread. I'd sooner bend over for Twink than have an architect at a party I was throwing.

She obviously didn't get the point if she still goes on and on...you must have been morto tho! What my manager put in the email was just nastiness and had nothing to do with me or the way I do my job. She was a right sour bint that one.

which reminds me, a colleague here wrote a nasty letter about another colleague. but she printed it out 5 times and left some copies on the printer. (stoopid).

the other colleague saw it.

and quit.

Various workmates of mine get on my nerves at different satges of the week (mainly just one) but i refrain from bitching about her to others in work. I know she bitches about me and about everyone else and she looks like a bint.
Other than that there really isnt a culture of bitching in our office.

We vent all our frustrations at our manager.

why the fuck wouldnt you sue the company? that woman in england got 800 grand for that shit. if I found that out I'd take them to the bank - the blood bank!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back