bitching and gossiping in the workplace. (1 Viewer)

Actually, this reminds me....

I used to work with this psycho dickhead. We all hated him. One guy hated him so much that he said "I'll fucking stab him in the face"

Some time later, someone googled him, and a news report came back. Turns out, the guy actually had been stabbed in the face once. true story

The "great" thing about the workplace (ditto school) is that you're forced to interact with certain people FIVE DAYS A WEEK, who ordinarily you'd not go near in a million years.

You can meet someone in a social situation and if you think they're a prick or a loon, you can pretty much avoid em for the rest of your life. But if you have to share an office or a classroom with them, you're fucked.

I've worked/schooled with all sorts.

A guy in college who had mental problems so severe he should have been in care. So of course I ended up having to projects with him.

Another guy was a "course junky". Aged 40, he was doing a course with a loada teenagers and guys in their early 20s. Never had a job in his life and was completely delusional and socially maladjusted. Lied all the time. Would literally say black was white. A friend said he was the type you wouldn't leave alone in the company of young children - he was right.

The ultimate "personal call" type, who would literally not do a tap of work all day long. Just chat with her bf, family and friends all day, while everyone around her had to cover for her.

A guy (who did house calls) that would say he had done all the work allocated to him, only for customers to phone the office about a week later saying the guy never turned up. This would happen about twice a week.

Sorry to hear it Donagh. I find it awkward and embarassing when someone in work starts to bitch to me about someone else, even if I feel the same way as them. Mind you it rarely happens so if it does I just change the conversation or scurry away feigning business.

Yous have team meetings or external supervision or anything similar? If people have opportunities to air their shit in a group setting or an independent one-to-one, they don't really have any excuse to bitch. But then some people just enjoy the bitching buzz I suppose.

if it eber got to me too much sure id just leave anyway. tis only a job. but the people at work just enjoy it, i do it myself, just doesnt feel so nice when y0ur on the receiving end.

i dont actually do it very often. i even stick up for people sometimes.

Can I be part of your fancy group?? I'm Canadian and I think I'd make a good vigilante. I have some cool boots I could wear to our meetings.

Actually, you were the Canadian I was referring to. For some bizarre reason I thought you had posted that stuff, not JohnnyRaz.

I really should pay more attention.

Although, now I have two co-vigilantes, so everyone's a winner.

Actually, you were the Canadian I was referring to. For some bizarre reason I thought you had posted that stuff, not JohnnyRaz.

I really should pay more attention.

Although, now I have two co-vigilantes, so everyone's a winner.[/quote]

Yay!! *claps hands*

We need to think up a name for our group. Knacker Knockers sound good to you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back