Bitches Brew (1 Viewer)

I think that's 'in a silent way' you're thinking of.
Another incredible Miles Davis LP.
I think I like 'Big Fun' just as much if not more than 'Bitches Brew'

Nah, check the Wiki link above.
BB was renowned as being one of the first commercial albums to use extensive tape splicing and looping after the sessions were recorded.

Totally amazing album BTW

i found this extended edition of BB on slsk - span 4 CDs - more of the same stuff - you can listen to it all in a row of a saturday afternoon and then be useless later that night if someone tries to talk any sense or anything. it's fantastic.

Nah, check the Wiki link above.
BB was renowned as being one of the first commercial albums to use extensive tape splicing and looping after the sessions were recorded.

Totally amazing album BTW
yeah, i knew i was right.
whats odd though is that my reply with lionks and quotes to an article explaining it have disappeared.
odd yeah

you learn something new every day... miles davis gives teo macero some ribbing in his (semi) auto-biography, but doesn't really go into too much detail about the tape splicing / production he did on bb. just seems to imply that he was a pain in the ass. he still let teo macero produce practically everything he did though.

Sextant by Herbie Hancock is another great album in that vein. It's the farthest out he went with his electric jazz explorations before he got fed up of being broke and went off to make Headhunters with essentially the same group. Cool Afrofuturistic cover too:

B0000247PA.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V42608410_SS500_.jpg

I just got this, and I'm not digging it at all
What's the story? Sounds like some good musicians dicking around to me, there doesn't seem to be any tunes, or any rhythmic intrigue beyond the usual jazz ti-tish-ti-tish crack. Am I missing something? Is this going to take a while?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back