Bit cheesey but do you perfer UK or US Punk music? (1 Viewer)

Janer quoted:
I do :(

(Would someone tell me how to use the feck'in quote box thing!)

Was thinking about this a bit more, and even though I reckon UK/European punk on the whole is better, I do think the actual scene in the US wins hands down. I lived in Chicago and Boston for a year or so, and all the gigs I went to were jammed with heads, especially with younger people. The scenes were thriving. I reckon this is because a lot of the bands in the US aren't afraid of this not-going-to-sell-out bollocks. Rancid, Dropkick Murphys, Nofx, Green Day etc. (whatever you might think of them), got themselves on MTV, radio and generally all over the place, and by doing this introduced a lot of kids to punk. A lad in Boston was telling me that the Dropkick Murphys single-handly created an oi revivial there.
So...I can understand why the americans reckon there whole punk thing is better

Jesus, I remeber seeing TheExploited on the top of the pops when I was about seven, and I'm still starting at the screen in amazement.......as my mother said ''What the fuck was that''...........have never looked back since!

Be the Hokey said:
i read it years ago, so i can't be too precise on the details, but i remember being HUGELY disappointed by that book cos i love crass. for me, it read like the ravings of a paranoid lunatic, and deflated any ideas i had about crass. his political observations were like that of a fifteen year old, but he was at least 60 at the time of writing, which i thought was a bit sad. he's also quite miserable, and i get a sense from him that he thinks everyone's just so stupid that they are not as enlightened as he is, which is really patronising considering that his arguments are ropey as all hell to begin with.

sorry UM! I just thought it was interesting that you got so much from it and i thought the opposite.

wow! hardcore. have u read crazy from the heat?

PiperX said:
Janer quoted:
Jesus, I remeber seeing TheExploited on the top of the pops when I was about seven, and I'm still starting at the screen in amazement.......as my mother said ''What the fuck was that''...........have never looked back since!
:D Ha Ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back