Bit cheesey but do you perfer UK or US Punk music? (1 Viewer)

Janer

Website
www.youtube.com
I know this sounds cheesey but there is a reason to my madness which I will share with you when I get some replies.
A straight UK or US answer will suffice or even a brief reason why U choose one over the other.
No predicatable kiddie replies plz.......

US has Black Flag, MC5, Husker Du, Iggy & The Stooges, GG Allin and all that.
UK has Runnin' riot, Gurkha, Riot Squad, The Restarts, The 4-Skins, Motorhead, Cock Sparrer

I'm gonna have to say UK, but US is still great.

Be funnier if you could quote properly :p
and to OLP thats narrowing down the field a little too much huh?

This is hard dudes, on one hand, UK has Funeral For A Friend, Goober Patrol and Rancid, but the US has Green Day, The Offspring and Taking Back Sunday.

It's just too hard...

there always seems to be cool things happening in US punk. most decent UK punk is from fuckin years ago. In saying that, there is fuck all US punk that can match the quality of machine gun etiquette (damned) or feeding of 5000 (crass)

In answer to OLP
19:13:56) (OLP) Janer- "and to OLP thats narrowing down the field a little too much huh?"
(19:14:02) (OLP) whats that mean?

(21:20:00) (@Janer-) well
(21:20:13) (@Janer-) u kinda said it as if those were the only bands
(21:20:19) (@Janer-) I am on about grassroots punk

JANER said:
In answer to OLP
19:13:56) (OLP) Janer- "and to OLP thats narrowing down the field a little too much huh?"
(19:14:02) (OLP) whats that mean?

(21:20:00) (@Janer-) well
(21:20:13) (@Janer-) u kinda said it as if those were the only bands
(21:20:19) (@Janer-) I am on about grassroots punk

Oh no, they where just my personal favourites

I would say the U.K. / European punk.
In some ways both are quite different. The UK’77 bands were much better than a lot of the US New York CBGB ’77 stuff. Then later on, the UK82 bands definitely beat the arses off the US hardcore. And today, I still think the UK has the edge. I could start naming bands to back up this huge generalisation, and go into a big speel about how the different sociological and cultural factors have reflected differently in the UK and US scene…..but to be honest I couldn’t be arsed…..and probably end up just bullshitting anyway. Why do you ask Janer?

I would say UK / European punk.
In some ways both are quite different. The UK'77 bands were much better than a lot of the US-New-York-CBGB '77 stuff. Then later on the UK82 bands definitely beat the arses off US hardcore. And today, I still think the UK still has the edge. I could start naming bands to back up this wild generalisation, and maybe even go into a big speel about how the different sociological and cultural factors have undoubtably reflected differently in both scenes....but I couldn't be arsed ...and anyway, I'd only end up bullshitting.
Why do you ask Janer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back