Big Muff Power Supplies (1 Viewer)

Funkykitchen

The old Russian Big Muff. Love it. Would love to use it more in fact, if it werent for the lack of an plug in power supply and necessity to use countless 9volt batteries. I'm sure some of you are aware of the problem.

So i'm going to do something about it. In the states, there is a 9volt battery clip adapter yolk that plugs onto the clip and then into the wall but i'm having trouble locating such a device here.

Anybody else dabbled in this? Anywhere sell them? Or does anyone have any experience in replacing the battery clip with a power supply?

You can get cheap power supplies that have a battery connecter yoke on them.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/CBAT-9v-BATTERY-...emQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item1e5914c98d

202690526_tp.jpg

I can put a dc adapter jack on these for a tenner. It's seperate to the battery clip inside so you have both when you want/need them. It's much neater than having the power connection trailing out of the battery compartment. Maplins should have all you need if you wanna do it yourself. Dunno if you'd wanna be drilling a hole in a green one but as far a I know they sell for around the same with the mod done.

Can also mod them for true bypass.

sure fuck it, for a tenner i'll have a bit of that.

how do we do this then?

I got a tech to put a 9v power thingy in my russian big muff. Think im gona sell it along with some other pedals to pay for new cymbals. Anyone interested?

How much? It's the black one right? what else have you got?

Mark/Pete I'll pm you later, won't be in Dublin til the weekend will pick up stuff off yas then.

Yeah its the black one in the wooden box.

Ive also got a EH Holy Grail reverb pedal & Korg dt10 tuner in black.

Will take pics & start a legit thread later unless you want first dibs Moose?

Yeah its the black one in the wooden box.

Ive also got a EH Holy Grail reverb pedal & Korg dt10 tuner in black.

Will take pics & start a legit thread later unless you want first dibs Moose?

I'll pass, can make my own with much better parts for less than you'll sell it for. Don't know what I was thinking sorry.

moose added an external power plug to my muff yesterday. very clean job. looks great.

winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back