Make & Do: Pedal Powersupply (1 Viewer)

sparse

Website
www.facebook.com
I have two Boss PSA power supplies with broken wires, I'm thinking about removing them from their housing and putting them in a case of their own so that I can use a kettle lead to plug them in (saving space) and then daisy chaining from there.

My questions are...
Is this the greatest Idea of all time?
Should I consider wiring up 8-10 individual plugs rather than using 2 daisy chains?
Should I throw in an adapter with a variable polarity switch also?

It'll effectively replace a multi plug board with three power supplies on it.

If you're going to have multiple outs you should get 9V regulators on each output.

If they're the old boss type power supplies you can open them and resolder a bit shorter and they're almost good as new.

By the time you did all this would you have been better off getting a 30 quid Thomann Power Plant Junior and having five isolated outs already done for ya?

If anyone wants to give me old torn Boss power supplies I'd give them a few euro.

Can help out with how to do whichever if anyone wants too.

I have the bigger powerplant from Thomann, on three occasions it created so much hum it was unusable so I stopped using it.

I've fixed my power supply on a number of occasions but I have two that are broken at the tip which is a different pain in the balls.

You can get replacement tips easy enough, Maplin have them.

Big powerplant is crap, may as well just be a daisy chain,hence the hum. Small one is all isolated outs. Have three of them with one always on for the last two years no hassle.

I have two Boss PSA power supplies with broken wires, I'm thinking about removing them from their housing and putting them in a case of their own so that I can use a kettle lead to plug them in (saving space) and then daisy chaining from there.

My questions are...
Is this the greatest Idea of all time?
Should I consider wiring up 8-10 individual plugs rather than using 2 daisy chains?
Should I throw in an adapter with a variable polarity switch also?

It'll effectively replace a multi plug board with three power supplies on it.
I did this years ago it was totally fine but I suppose @moose knows what he's talking about better than I.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back