Best RTE moments ever? (2 Viewers)

wild_cat

I think it has to be Loran belting Billy in the head with the golf stick on faircity and then Bidie getting killed in Glenroe, id love to see that episode again. Glenroe was so fucking cool...

RTE's best moments are usually unplanned...
  • Eamon Dunphy chucking his pen in disgust during Italia 90.
  • Pat Kenny making a fat joke about Dawn French (that went down like a lead balloon), in the presence of Dawn and her husband.
  • One of Zig's zogabongs falling off live on air.

totally agree with biddy dying. strange how a large black strap got attached to her car and pulled it over very very slowly...

any of the elaborate zig and zag and podge and rodge storylines

any toime Cleo in faircity says the wored "bitch" like.

how does one get on fair city? i think I got what it takes basically.

Best RTE moments ever have to be:

- THe excellent zig & zag christmas plot where Podge & Rodge were introduced for the first time. When Rodge came in in that postmans outfit I knew he was evil
- Glenroe moment: Miley & Fidelma getting it on in the hay and Mileys chocked confession to it..

Boyzone being introduced to the world on the late late show. And the ensuing dance routine. incredible.

Jimmy Magee's commentary for Maradona's goal vs England

"different class....................................DIFFERENT CLASS"

Being in my mate's house on a Saturday morning in 1981. His older brother ringing Anything Goes and getting through to Aongus McNally. And shouting 'you fucking wankers' at the top of his voice down the phone and it being broadcast all over the country.
Cue a mortified presenter and a quick cut to The Little Rascals.

john aldridges "ya fuckin twat ya!" outburst.

Chelsea vs. Aston Villa.
Andy Townsend had just moved from Chelsea to Villa during the summer and this was his first game back in Stamford Bridge.
There was a minutes silence before the game, and all the players were standing in a circle at the centre of the pitch.
Hamilton and Giles were stone-cold silent.
And then some bloke in the stands shouts out:
"Townsend, you WANKER!!!".

A golden moment on a Saturday afternoon.

Another has to be Marty Morrissey doing his end-of-year review of GAA and it cuts to a montage of him driving down the backroads of Clare in his Volvo, listening to Tom Petty's "Into the Great Wide Open" - climaxing with him punching the air (but not too forcefully).

And there was the Know Your Sport episode where Shelbourne striker Stephen Geoghegan asked any potential employers for a job.

Johnnyc said:
RTE's best moments are usually unplanned...
  • Eamon Dunphy chucking his pen in disgust during Italia 90.
  • Pat Kenny making a fat joke about Dawn French (that went down like a lead balloon), in the presence of Dawn and her husband.

both of these id give an xl bacon double cheeseburger to see.

Ah, so many memories!
I remember that Townsend one well!

I'm getting loads of RTE memories flooding back...

Other faves would be

Dave Fanning's mic being left on during the "exclusive premiere" of a Boyzone video on The Beatbox, so the nation got to hear him totally ripping the piss out of them, live on air.

One of several occasions where those editing match highlights on The Premiership, totally cocked them up and either showed the same period of play twice or completely cut a goal out.

Joe Duffy and his "Damien Duff Dizziness" comment at the homecoming after the 2002 World Cup.

Pat Kenny calling the Japanese "Japs" when talking to Johnny Knoxville on the Late Late Show. There's gotta be something wrong when you leave someone like Knoxville gobsmacked as a result of your behaviour.

The first episode of "Secrets" with Gerry Ryan. There was a blind-date bit, which ended up with a girl from the audience being clearly physically repulsed by the lad she ended up with.

The time hypnotist Barry Sinclair appeared on The Late Late and made a woman believe she was no longer in the studio, but all alone on a desert island. The poor woman ended up shaking and in tears! Gaybo made a comment along the lines of "Er... I think we'll move onto the next person, as that woman clearly isn't alright..."

Any episode of Murphy's Microquism.

The time a young caller to Zig, Zag and Ian on the Den tried to tell the "what do you call a black man falling off a cliff" joke.

seanc said:
Boyzone being introduced to the world on the late late show. And the ensuing dance routine. incredible.

I remember that! they were all wearing a different pastel shade each. It was terrible stuff. Steven gately's smile still gives me nightmares.
What about when therapy? played knives on the latelate?

Gambra said:
Best RTE moments ever have to be:

- THe excellent zig & zag christmas plot where Podge & Rodge were introduced for the first time. When Rodge came in in that postmans outfit I knew he was evil

were they not around before that?
I think i remember Podge appearing around halloween or Friday the 13th and repeatedly threatening to turn everyone into a teapot

ICUH8N said:
Podge was around way before that, yeah.

You and I can be friends, Zig. Friends to the end.
#

as i remember it, podge was introduced as zag's toy, a puppet. he came to life when nobody was watching. zig was on to him from the start.hi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back