Best recipes Ive made (1 Viewer)

kings lead hat

i remember when i was a kid i was mad to invent a new recipe but my skills in the kitchen and basic food knowledge were underdeveloped to say the least. after much mental arithmetic and abstract reasoning, the fruit of my labour was a glass of water with a dollop of peanut butter in it which i then stared at for a while, not quite knowing where to take it from there and then said fuck it and gave up.

i made some nice mash yesterday
turnip, spud and parsnip with garlic powder, black pepper and a splash of olive oil
served with spinach and an elderly marinated pork chop that was in the freezer for about 7 months

Last night I made mac and cheese after seeing the mac and cheese pie, on another thread and watching this cool dude
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayZYfRXS6Do"]YouTube- Batter Up - NYTimes.com/video[/ame]
Was only able for 1 ladle of it, as it was 2am and super rich. Stuck it in the fridge. Look on youtube for mac and cheese recipes.
step forward 20 hours....
Mac and cheese out of the fridge, heat frying pan with 2 table spoons of butter and a shake of light olive oil to keep the butter from burning. Spread mac and cheese onto frying pan, building up a 1.5inch pancake the size of the frying pan. Fry 9 minutes on each side.
Serve with Denny, "American Style Hot Dogs", pure maple syrup and catsup on the side.

i came up with a breakfast sandwich called the "clogger":

streaky bacon, sausages, clonakilty black pud, cheese between two slices of eggy bread.

Does this include baking? I just baked some tasty cranberry corn bread muffins and just put some brownies in the oven. If the batter is any indication, they are kick ass good. I scraped the bowl clean with a spoon. Recipes to follow if anyone is interested.

cranberry, cornbread muffins, please.

1 cup sugar (225g)
½ cup butter (about 113g)
2 eggs
1 cup cornmeal (225g)
1 ½ cups flour (188g)
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 ½ cups buttermilk (roughly 338 ml)
1 cup fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped (throw in as many as you want because I don't know the conversion from cups to grams)

Preheat oven to 375F- 190C.
Cream together sugar and butter in a small bowl. Add eggs. Mix well. Add flour, cornmeal, salt and baking powder along with the buttermilk. Fold cranberries into the batter (you can use dried, if there are no fresh berries around but fresh is WAY better).

Pour into a six muffin cup tin or a 9-inch baking pan (greased) and bake for 40 – 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve while still warm or slightly warmed up later.

SPROUTS:

well thier about for christmas anyways.

cut thier necks off and make an X in the stump.
steam them or boil them for a few minutes just to soften them.
make a little boat out of tinfoil and assemble crew of sprouts in it. add olive oil, a sliced up clove of garlic, a squeez of lemon, some rosemary, salt and pepper.
seal the top of the boat so it looks a bit like a terminator shit.
put it in the oven or under the grill for ten or fifiteen minutes.

mazing sprouts.

used whole sprouts, i cut the 'neck' off them (the bit they connect to the sprout plant with), then cut an X into them to allow them to cook inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back