best of HWCH's threads thread. (1 Viewer)

ann post

Supporter
Solutions
inspired by lympog's observation on the annual thumped pro/anti hwch's thread i want to fire together a few of the best rants here. just going to kick off with this from Super Dexta in the 2004 case 'hard working class heroes 2004 - super dexta vs Chocohead'.

super dexta said:
i know it's only a name, i don't know why it bothers me, and i'm not slagging you or anyone who chooses to get involved with it, it's just the idea of a load of music industry types sitting around a fancy table going 'working class chic is soooo cool, let's go for it' makes me go bleurgh. these are people's lives they're turning into some sort of fashion statement. it's like that bloody communist-chic bar in belfast. argh.

scuse me! i don't know what's come over me. i must emphasise again, this is nothing personal, and definitely not an attack on you.

this one from Dwight in 2005 is good too:

dwight said:
yeah they should have made it an annual year long festival with gigs on most nights in a few hundred venues around Ireland, or maybe even thousands throughout the world.

please add your favourites, or otherwise let the thread plummet only for I is John to bump it in 2017.

I had the misfortune of hearing the Joe Duffy show a few years ago and the people of ireland were giving out about Mao (or Mao's or whatever that nice asian restaurant is called). I suspect whoever named that place didn't even know who Mao was. Anyway, they dug out a real-life dublin Maoist to defend Mao (the man, not the restaurant). hmmm, i forget where i was going with this now, sorry. carry on.

125101_dec15_07_1.jpg

I can't believe they opened one of these on Camden Street.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back